Manage Your Debt
If you are thinking about taking out loans for school or are preparing to graduate,
be sure to visit LSU Financial Aid for advising on student loans, scholarships and your eligibility!
- Be sure to borrow smart and not take out more loans than you need.
- Look into other sources of aid.
- Use the Repayment Estimator to calculate what you owe and choose the repayment plan that is best for you.
- Visit the Financial Aid office upon graduation for Loan Exit Counseling.
Establishing Proper Credit
- Talk with your parents/guardians about expectations and responsibilities when first getting a credit card.
- Use your credit card for emergencies or purchases that you can pay off on time using your budget.
- Keep track of all purchases in your budget to make sure you build good credit.
- Visit AnnualCreditReport.com to check your current credit score.