Apply for Admission
The College of Science (CoS) offers seven major fields of study: biochemistry, biological sciences, chemistry, geology, mathematics, microbiology and physics. CoS admission applications are to be completed by any LSU student wishing to transfer from another senior college at LSU to the CoS. Applications should be submitted to CoS Student Services in person at 124 Hatcher Hall or emailed to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted at the end of a semester through the last day to add of the semester a student would like to enroll. Applications will NOT be accepted after the deadline to add courses for the semester.
Note: UCFY students who meet all CoS admission requirements will automatically enter the CoS without completing this application.
College of Science Admission Requirements:
Students who contemplate entering this college should give special attention to the mathematics and science courses they select and should consult a representative of the department they plan to enter prior to completing their initial registration. Students will be admitted to the college when they:
- have earned 24 or more semester hours of credit in courses numbered 1000 or above;
- have maintained a grade point average of at least 2.00 on both LSU and cumulative averages;
- have passed all courses in mathematics and science with grades of “C-” or better or received special approval of the dean of the college;
- have passed ENGL 1001 or the equivalent with a grade of “C-” or better;
- have earned credit in either MATH 1022, MATH 1023, MATH 1550 or MATH 1551 with a grade of “C-” or better.
- entry into any of the three majors (biochemistry, biological sciences, and microbiology) in the Department of Biological Sciences requires earned credit in BIOL 1201 and BIOL 1202; CHEM 1201; and MATH 1550.
- entry into any of the four secondary education concentrations (biological sciences, chemistry, mathematics, or physics) requires a 2.50 LSU and cumulative GPA and passing scores on the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (PRAXIS CORE) or minimum ACT composite of 22 or minimum SAT composite of 1030.
Students transferring from another institution must meet university transfer admission requirements. Transfer students must also meet the current admission requirements of the senior college and receive approval of the dean of the college.
Students who, after initial enrollment in this college, wish to obtain credits from colleges or universities other than LSU and who plan to offer such credits toward their degree requirements must obtain prior approval from the dean on a specific-course basis.