- Complete Online Application to the Graduate School:
- Fill in all information required by the LSU Graduate School.
- Required for Chemistry: Request three (3) Letters of Recommendation. NOTE: These can be submitted via online application, by email, or in a sealed envelope to the Chemistry Graduate Office (see address below).
- Required for Chemistry: Upload your Statement of Purpose via the online application.
- Required for Chemistry: Enter scores for GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) on the online application if you have already taken the exams.
- Required for Chemistry: Upload a copy of your transcripts (unofficial versions are acceptable).
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload your CV and any sample publications.
- Optional for Chemistry: Upload a brief summary of previous teaching and research experience.
- Email the following information to the Dept. of Chemistry to the Chemistry Graduate Office:
- Required - Indicate which of the following research areas you are most interested in: Analytical, Biological, Computational/Theoretical, Environmental, Inorganic, Macromolecular/Polymer, Materials, Nanoscience, Organic, or Physical.
- Required - If transcripts were not included in the online application, please email and attach a copy of your transcripts (all undergraduate and graduate), or mail these to the Chemistry Graduate Office at the address below.
- Send in official GRE (and TOEFL or IELTS scores, if applicable) to the LSU Graduate School. The ETS institution code for LSU Graduate School is 6373.
Our mailing address is:
Graduate Studies Office
Department of Chemistry
Louisiana State University
232 Choppin Hall
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
* Application fees are waived for U.S. citizens and permanent residents.
December 15th - Priority Deadline for Admission and Fellowships
January 15th - Deadline for International Students
March 15th - Regular Admission Deadline
May 15th - Deadline for Late Admission (Domestic Students)
A limited number of students may be admitted for Spring. Please contact the Graduate Studies Office for more information.
October 15th - Deadline for All Applications