Robinson Graduate Analytical Chemistry Award
Professor Robinson joined the Department of Chemistry as an Associate Professor in 1964, retiring to become Professor Emeritus in 1993. To read more about Professor Robinson, see:
Also, “Who am I?” on p. 2 of the Spring 2016 edition of the Department newsletter.
The original award documentation states, simply, that “the recipient of this award must be a full-time graduate student in Analytical Chemistry enrolled in the College of Science.” In 2015, the faculty of the Analytical Division decided that the award should be for a student who will receive their doctoral degree that year. Students completing their PhD in the Fall of the award year are also eligible. The winner may be informed so that he/she can use the information in their vita when seeking subsequent employment. However, the name of the winner will not be broadly announced until graduation or after graduation in the case of a student graduating in the Fall.
The endowment for this eponymous award was contributed by Professor Jim Robinson.
The 2017 recipient of this award was Nimisha Bhattarai of the Warner Group (pictured with Professor Robinson).
- 2016 Nicolas Speller (Warner Group)
- 2015 Bijeta Prasai (McCarley Group)
- 2014 Paul Magut (Warner Group)
- 2013 Joyce Kamande (Soper Group); Atiya Jordan (Warner Group)
- 2012 Sergio de Rooy (Warner Group)
- 2011 Wilson Serem (Garno Group)
- 2010 Udara Dharmasiri (Soper Group)
- 2009 Jie-Ren Li (Garno Group);
- 2007 Arther Gates (Warner Group)
- 2006 Alicia Williams (Warner Group)
- 2005 Suying Wei (McCarley Group)
- 2004 Mary Kamande (Warner Group)
- 2003 Constantina Kapnissi (Warner Group)
- 2002 Musundi Wabuyele (Soper Group)
- 2001 Suzanne Lassiter (Soper Group)
- 2000 Fereshteh Billiot (Warner Group); Alyssa Henry (McCarley Group)
- 1999 Juson Haynes (Warner Group)
- 1998 Lenore Polo (Limbach Group)
- 1997 Robert Willucut (McCarley Group); Eric Roberts (Warner Group)