Our curricula are designed to provide students with a broad exposure to the concepts and methodologies of the biological sciences, as well as the possibility of more focused studies in specific areas. Each of our degrees offers a comprehensive background for post-graduate studies in all areas of the biological sciences, secondary education, and professional programs in medicine, dentistry, optometry and veterinary medicine.
Bachelor’s Degree Programs
The department offers degrees in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry and Microbiology. All of the degrees require 23 to 25 hours of credit referred to as core courses and a minimum of 14-17 hours of upper division elective courses. There are various limitations on the choice of upper division elective courses depending on the degree. The department also offers a minor in biological sciences.
- Biological Sciences – No Concentration
- Biological Sciences – Marine Concentration
- Biological Sciences – Secondary Education Concentration
***Attention BIOL/BCH/MBIO Majors***
Online System for Applying for Permission of Department Courses
When scheduling registration opens for the Fall 2021 semester (March 28, 2021 at 5:00pm), you will complete an ONLINE application form to request enrollment for each of these courses. Applications will be available by clicking the corresponding button below:
*Please note: forms submitted before MARCH 28, 2021 at 5:00P.M. will not be considered.
Completion of an application does not guarantee a seat in the course!
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Ms. Ann Polito at email@example.com or Ms. Britanny Skuse at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships and Opportunities
- Liaisons will coordinate with STEM faculty to solicit nominations for their institution's 2020 Astronaut Scholar nominations (internally reviewing a minimum of EIGHT candidates) during the nomination window.
- Liaisons will, in collaboration with their campus's final nominees, upload and submit their final two final nominations (four for matching universities) to ASF via this online application no later than Monday March 16, 2020 (nominee packages must be provided by the liaison's via this portal to ensure ASF receives the universities FINAL NOMINATIONS).
- Liaisons will provide to ASF basic data on the university’s nominee pool (minimum of EIGHT) considered when providing the university’s final nominees via email to email@example.com.
- The Student release of financial information will be sent via a separate request to the students after we have all nominees identified.