Random sentinel testing is a new testing program on campus this semester that seeks to identify and mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on campus by randomly selecting a sample of students for testing in regular, two-week intervals. Sentinel testing is free for students and does not require health insurance. Students should watch their LSU email accounts on Fridays for a message in case they are selected for this required testing.
- Testing will happen every other week on Mondays and Tuesdays. Location and times of testing will be included in the email students receive. Selected students will be able to schedule their preferred day and time for testing.
- The test is simple and makes use of a saliva sample or a painless lower nasal swab.
- All students who live or work on campus or have at least one on-campus or hybrid class will be eligible for selection.
- If a selected student has COVID-19 symptoms, they should get tested through the Student Health Center rather than through the random sentinel testing program.
- Students who take advantage of any type of on-campus testing, including random sentinel testing, will be entered into a weekly raffle to win incentives (i.e. Apple AirPods, iPads, Smart Watches, Barnes & Noble gift cards, and more). Winners will be notified by email with instructions on how to claim what they have won.