LSU Moving to Phase 3
Thursday, March 4, 2021; 3:45 p.m.
Dear Students, Faculty and Staff,
Gov. John Bel Edwards announced Tuesday that after weeks of sustained decreases in COVID-19 case counts and hospitalizations across the state, Louisiana is moving to Phase 3 of its COVID-19 recovery plan. We are pleased to announce that LSU will also move into Phase 3, effective on Monday, March 8.
While this represents great progress in our fight against COVID-19, we ask you to help keep LSU moving in the right direction by remaining vigilant in your safety and hygiene practices. Please also note that Louisiana’s statewide mask mandate remains in effect, even in Phase 3.
LSU’s new guidelines for Phase 3 are:
- LSU still encourages meetings and events to be held virtually, whenever possible.
- If an in-person meeting or event takes place, outdoor venues are encouraged.
- Indoor meetings and events will be limited to 50% capacity, not to exceed 250 attendees.
- Outdoor meetings and events will be limited to 50% capacity, with no maximum number of attendees.
- All in-person attendees at meetings and events will be required to follow CDC guidelines for physical distancing and personal hygiene.
- All meetings and events with more than 10 in-person attendees will still require written approval from the EOC. More information on event requirements and approval forms can be found at https://www.lsu.edu/roadmap/campus/events.php.
- Effective Monday, student organizations can request changes for any events scheduled in TigerLink for Saturday, March 20, or later.
- Face coverings are still required on campus.
Please let us know whether or not you’d like to receive your free COVID-19 vaccination through LSU: https://www.lsu.edu/roadmap/vaccines/index.php.
As always, thank you for all you’ve done to help keep LSU safe, and let’s continue to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19 at LSU so we can have a more “normal” fall semester!
LSU Interim President and Professor of Law
LSU Executive Vice President & Provost
J.W. Annison, Jr. Alumni Professor