LSU COVID-19 Reporting Dashboard
LSU, in conjunction with the
Louisiana Department of Health, is continually monitoring conditions related to COVID-19 and will keep the university
community informed through this dashboard. Data collected through the TIGER Check
Daily Symptom Checker, the LSU Emergency Operations Center, and COVID-19 testing centers
will help drive the university’s decisions about mitigation strategies and operations.
The safety of the LSU community is always our guidepost.
Case numbers will be updated on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at approximately 4
p.m. and will include numbers from the previous day.
Our case total case count includes cases self-reported through the TIGER Check Daily
Symptom Checker and anyone who has tested positive at an on-campus testing center
who did not enter their results into the Daily Symptom Checker.
In order to provide reporting in a manner consistent with Louisiana Board of Regents,
the LSU COVID-19 dashboard was reset on Jan 11, 2021.
Current Campus Status
Active positive cases remain relatively low at less than 1% of the LSU community.
Density on campus is lower than normal, as many of our faculty and staff members continue
to work remotely and the majority of students have more than half of their classes
online, lessening the potential of spread throughout the community. Although there
have been clusters of positives in our residential life community, there have been
no significant outbreaks reported. PPE and health/cleaning materials are in adequate
supply. The campus continues to operate according to our Roadmap to Spring plan, and
we are constantly evaluating the efficacy of our testing, isolation and quarantine
strategies and will adapt as needed.
Campus Condition Factors
The campus condition factors used to monitor the health of the campus and guide its
- Faculty absenteeism
- Critical-Employee absenteeism
- Outbreak in on-campus housing
- % of students in LSU provided isolation/quarantine beds
- Service provider availability
- Necessary supply shortages
- COVID-19 testing availability
- Governor mandated restrictions
- PPE adherence
- Transmission rate on campus compared to the community
- % of closed classrooms in a given time
- % of positive cases in a given time
- % increase over a 7-day time period
- Number of positive cases in a residential hall
- % of positive cases within a residential hall
- % of students from residential hall in quarantine
- Number of positive cases in a classroom
- % of positive cases within a classroom