The Engineering Residential College (ERC) is a living-learning community dedicated to developing the next generation of engineers, construction managers, and computer scientists, who will face the technical challenges of a global economy. ERC's primary goal is to foster a positive academic environment in order to jump start students’ professional development.
More than 350 first-year students with a declared major in the College of Engineering enjoy this active community in Residential College One - North Hall* on the west side of campus.
In addition to being a part of the on campus community and Residential College One - North Hall community, students in the Engineering Residential College also benefit from these unique opportunities provided in this living-learning community:
- Live and take classes with the same group of peers (sometimes right in their res hall), creating a smaller network within the larger LSU campus
- Have priority course scheduling
- Network with faculty members and college administrators
- Access to faculty during office hours held in the community
- Offers academic programs and regularly-scheduled evening Supplemental Instruction in math, physics, and chemistry
- Attend corporate-sponsored events aimed at exposing students to internships, Co-Ops, and engineering, construction management, and computer science careers
- Access to in-community tutoring and faculty office hours
Requirements and Eligibility
To participate in the Engineering Residential College, students must:
- Be a first-year student with a declared major in the College of Engineering – biological, chemical, civil, computer, electrical, environmental, industrial, mechanical, or petroleum engineering, construction management, computer science, or engineering undecided
- Meet certain ACT/SAT scores to be eligible for math course placement.
- Enroll in at least two courses offered through ERC in both the fall and spring semesters
- Contact Arlyn Saucier, academic counselor, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 225-578-5731 for scheduling assistance
- See the complete list of requirements here.
Application and Room Assignments
- Eligible students should select the Engineering Residential College as their housing preference on the housing application.
- Engineering Residential College staff reviews the applicants for eligibility and notifies residents of their acceptance into the program beginning in late fall.
- ERC residents can search for potential roommates in the online housing portal in January and will begin making room selections in April.
- For housing application and room assignment information, please contact Res Life at 225-578-8663.
- For Engineering Residential College eligibility information, please contact ERC staff listed below.
Residential College One - North Hall*
Residential College One - North Hall provides everything students need to be successful: offices where faculty advisors hold office hours, a classroom in the building, multiple study spaces, beautiful courtyards, and a great location on the west side of campus.
*If the program reaches capacity in North Hall, students may be placed in the neighboring hall, West Hall.