Graduate Housing Rent Reduction Stipend
Graduate housing stipends are all distributed for 2019-20. The application is now closed.
The Department of Residential Life strives to provide graduate housing at market quality in an on-campus community desirable by graduate students, but at an affordable price.
Residential Life will offer a $3,600 annual rent reduction stipend in eligible Nicholson Gateway Apartments to provide a more affordable option for graduate students on assistantships and/or with a financial need.
Rent rates are listed per student, per semester. Rent rates do not include the Graduate Housing Stipend opportunity.
- The $3,600 annual stipend is administered as $1,440 in the fall, $1,440 in the spring, and $720 in the summer.
- The stipend is only awarded for the semester(s) you live on campus. If you leave eligible campus housing, the future installments will be forfeited and cancellation fees may apply.
- Single graduate students can choose a space in studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartment units in Nicholson Gateway Apartments, based on availability. Units are rented by the bed, not the entire apartment.
- The stipend is a rent reduction, not a cash award or scholarship that can be applied to other items on the fee bill.
- Students must reapply each year for the rent reduction stipend.
- LSU Online students are not eligible for on-campus housing.
- Residential Life staff reviews the applications in the order they are received and may request additional documentation via email.
- Stipends will continue to be offered until the funding is exhausted. Check your email often for information and next steps to secure the stipend and select an apartment.