Guidelines for Advertising in Residence Halls and Apartments
We accept content and requests from LSU entities that are of interest to campus residents, submitted in a timely manner, meet the guidelines below, and pass our internal review process.
- Advertising in campus residences is only available to registered student organizations and university entities (divisions, departments, student organizations).
- Content must pertain to a campus event or service at the university. Non-LSU activities will not be approved.
- Content may not be commercial or political in content.
- It is the responsibility of the submitting party to ensure the information submitted is accurate, there is no copyright infringement, and meets graphic standards.
- Artwork that is stretched, distorted, pixilated, or misuses or misrepresents the LSU logo or LSU brand will be rejected.
- Use of space in our communities is primarily for residents, staff, and faculty working with our residential communities.
- We run content on about 100 digital displays throughout campus residence halls and apartments.
- Submit content to reslifecomm@Lsu.edu.
- If using a design program, set the file size to be 1920 x 1080 pixels. In PowerPoint, set the slide as wide screen 16:9.
- Save the file as a JPEG.
- You will receive confirmation that your content was added to the displays or a reason your request was denied.
- We will accept 40 copies of fliers to place in our communities.
- Deliver fliers to 208 Grace King Hall.
- Only Residential Life staff members are authorized to hang and remove fliers.
Registered student organizations and university entities (divisions, departments, student organizations) can request to host table sits in our communities. These requests are considered secondary to the communities' needs and may be approved or denied based on the nature of the request and the availability of space and resources. Review the Special Request Policy - RLOP 68.
- Review the Special Request Policy - RLOP 68.
- Complete and submit the Donation Drive Request Form at least two (2) weeks before your requested dates.
- You will receive email confirmation that your request is confirmed or denied from the associate director of staffing and operations.
Use of Space for Educational Programs
Registered student organizations and university entities (divisions, departments, student organizations) can request to use space in campus residential communities. Use of space in our communities is primarily for residents, staff, and faculty working with our residential communities. These requests are considered secondary to the communities' needs and may be approved or denied based on the nature of the request and the availability of space and resources. Review the Space Reservation Policy - RLOP 67.
- The community's residence life coordinator will review the request and approve or deny it via email.
For the safety of all residents, commercial solicitation is prohibited. No one is allowed to solicit door-to-door, or place fliers on doors, on vehicles, or leave them in common areas. This policy applies to vendors and organizations seeking funds, services, or membership. This policy is strictly enforced and violations are reported to LSU Financial & Administrative Services.
Partnerships and In-kind Donations
Residential Life powers success by delivering to on-campus residents’ doorsteps world-class facilities, scholars, and programs that are a proven foundation for success at LSU and essential to a well-rounded college experience. Learn more about the Department of Residential Life's philanthropic priorities.
For more information on partnering with Residential Life, contact Catherine David, Associate Director of Communications & Development.