Travel Support Programs
The Office of Research & Economic Development has several internal grant programs to support faculty travel in the service of research.
Research Travel Support
The Faculty & Junior Faculty Travel Programs provide up to $750 of matching funds for domestic and international travel for LSU faculty. Awards are given to support trips that enable faculty (a) to present their work at national and international scale peer-reviewed conferences or meetings, (b) to pursue data collection for active research projects, and (c) to meet with program offices at federal agencies.
The mission of this program is to leverage and extend the impact of university travel support. Awards are generally given with evidence of departmental or college support until program funds are fully encumbered.
PLEASE NOTE: This program was modified for FY 2018-2019 with the following changes:
- Matching funds must be provided at a rate of 1:1 and must come from state sources.
- Funds have been allocated by term (Summer, Fall, Spring) to assure year-round support.
- Faculty will be asked to provide a short post-travel summary of their activities for reporting purposes.
- Applications will be accepted for
- Summer (July - August) beginning May 7 Summer has been fully encumbered
- Fall (September - December) beginning July 1 Fall has been fully encumbered
- Spring (January - June) beginning November 1
Travel to SEC Universities
The SEC Visiting Faculty Travel Grant Program is intended to enhance faculty collaboration that stimulates scholarly initiatives between SEC universities. It gives faculty from one SEC university the opportunity to travel to another SEC campus to exchange ideas, develop grant proposals, and conduct research. Applications are typically accepted in the Spring for an internal peer-review, with award notifications made in late May for travel in the following academic year (August - July).