LSU has partnered with ZipCar, the world's leading car sharing network, to place five vehicles on campus for students, faculty, and staff that are 18 years of age or older. Local members of the community that are 21 years of age and older are also eligible to use these vehicles.
The ZipCars brought to our campus have designated parking spaces in the following areas for easy pick-up and return:
- Three (3) designated parking spaces in front of East LaVille Hall.
- Two (2) designated parking spaces in the Aster Street East Lot in between the Edward Gay Apartments and Cypress Hall.
- Click here for a map of the areas in which the ZipCars are located.
To sign up for ZipCar at LSU, follow the instructions below:
- Visit the ZipCar website for LSU: http://www.zipcar.com/universities/louisiana-state-university
- Select if you are faculty and staff or a student of LSU to receive a discount.
- Click "Join Now."
- Follow the on-screen prompts to get set up and begin zipping around in your ZipCar.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact ZipCar directly at 1-866-4ZIPCAR (1-886-494-7227) or consult the FAQ questions on the ZipCar website for LSU at the link listed in the above instructions as they are specific to Louisiana State University.