LSU Student Government, Parking & Transportation Services and the LSU Family Association collaborate annually to sponsor a holiday shuttle program. Shuttles are provided for both the Thanksgiving and Winter Breaks to transport current LSU students, faculty, and staff to and from the New Orleans airport.
Registration for the 2019 Winter Break Holiday Shuttles is now closed.
If you did not pre-register for the Winter Break Holiday Shuttle, you may register on-site at the New Orleans (MSY) Airport. The shuttle will pick up all riders on the upper concourse of the airport. Shuttles will depart at 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m.
Winter Break Shuttle
Transportation from LSU to the New Orleans (MSY) Airport:
- Friday, December 13: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., Noon, and 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m., 8:00 a.m., and Noon
- Sunday, December 15: Buses will leave campus at 4:00 a.m. and 8:00 a.m.
Transportation from the New Orleans (MSY) Airport to LSU:
- Sunday, January 12: Buses will depart from the airport at 10:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 10:00 p.m.
Please schedule New Orleans shuttles at least three hours before your flight.
The deadline to complete online pre-registration for the Winter Break Shuttle was Sunday, December 8 at 11:59 p.m. CST.
- The cost of the New Orleans airport shuttle for Thanksgiving and Winter Break will be $55 round trip.
- Students of Family Association members receive a $5 discount off of the round trip cost. In order to receive the discount, please indicate your Family Association membership status on the shuttle registration form. Learn more about the LSU Family Association here.
- Fees will be assessed to the student’s fee bill.
- Students may choose to depart or return one way from the airport but will be charged the round-trip price.
- All charges are non-refundable.
Service to the Airport
The loading point for all Holiday Shuttles will be in the Ag Center commuter lot (A120) on the corner of South Stadium and Highland. Look for the Holiday Shuttle signs.
Students must have a valid student parking permit. Students will not be ticketed/towed as long as they have a valid parking permit (residential/commuter/Greek) and park in the Ag Center Lot or any of the surrounding residential or commuter lots. Students should not park in any faculty/staff lots or they will be ticketed/towed. Please note that students are leaving their cars in these lots at their own risk.
*Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your shuttle departure time to avoid any delays getting to the airport.
Return Service to Campus
For return service back to campus, purple Tiger Trails buses will pick up students on the upper concourse at the New Orleans airport.
Students may track their shuttles through the TransLōc app, which can downloaded onto
a mobile device or accessed at http://lsu.transloc.com/info/mobile. The New Orleans Holiday Shuttle will appear as "Holiday - NOLA” on the TransLōc
**All students who register for the holiday shuttles will receive communication reminders prior to each scheduled shuttle dates. Please pay special attention to these reminders in case drop off or pick up locations change.