Student Parking Permits
Any student bringing a vehicle to campus must register for a permit and provide valid vehicle information that will include make, model, color, license plate number and state. Student permits will automatically be charged to their Bursar Account. While parking rules and regulations are enforced Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Permits are required at all hours on weekdays, day and night to promote campus safety.
2022-2023 Parking Permit Prorated Rate Fee:
**Married students registered with LSU Residential Life are eligible for one additional resident spouse permit. Students must visit our main office to obtain this additional permit. Vehicle information will be required.**
NOTE: The total cost of the permit is prorated based off the month of purchase. Please use the prorated rate fee above to determine the price of your permit purchase.
i.e. If a student purchases a commuter/residential permit in December, the total cost of the permit is $116.
Student Permit Types
- Commuter - available to students living off campus.
- Greek - available to students living in Greek Housing.
- Resident - available to students living on campus in a residence hall or in East Campus
or West Campus Apartments (ECA or WCA).
- Nicholson Gateway** - available to students living on campus in the Nicholson Gateway Apartments.
- Edward Gay** - available to students living on campus in the Edward Gay Apartments
- Law School - available to students enrolled with the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center.
- Union Square Garage - available to students on a first come, first sale basis. Permits for the Union Square Garage are specific for that reserved area and all other parking will be restricted during the hours of zone parking.
- University High - available to students enrolled with the University Lab School.
- Motorcycle - available to students who drive a motorcycle or moped to campus. Must visit our main office to obtain this permit. This permit type is not eligible for a pro-rated rate.
Any student that wishes to obtain a refund for their current permit must submit an official request to the Parking and Transportation Services department at firstname.lastname@example.org
If your request is approved, you may return the permit to our office through the mail at 131 Public Safety Building S. Stadium Drive Baton Rouge, LA 70803, or visit the Parking & Transportation Services main office at 254 Audubon Sugar Institute Building S. Stadium Drive Baton Rouge, LA 70803 or the satellite office in Room 109 of the LSU Student Union, and exchange your permit in person.
Once the permit is received, we will process your refund request.
Refunds will be granted on the basis of the following circumstances:
- Early graduates
- No longer enrolled in the University due to (transfer, failure to maintain academic status, expulsion)
- Military Orders (with proper documentation)
Please Note: The permit must be received by our department prior to the refund being processed. After 14 days, the refund amount will be transferred to the student’s billing statement by the Bursar’s Office. E-mail email@example.com with any extenuating circumstances if a refund has not processed within the aforementioned time.