Student Parking Permit
Any student bringing a vehicle to campus must have a permit whether it is for the day, the semester, or the entire year. While parking rules and regulations are enforced Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. - 8 p.m. Permits are required at all hours on weekdays, day and night. Permit prices are as follows:
|Annual||This permit type is valid for a single academic year (i.e. August 2018 through August 2019).|
|Semester||This permit type is valid for the semester purchased (i.e. Fall 2018 semester permits expire 01/15/2019).|
|Monthly||A monthly permit valid for thirty (30) days from date of purchase (i.e. June 1, 2018 to July 1, 2018)|
|Weekly||A weekly permit is valid for five (5) business days from date of purchase. (i.e. June 1, 2018 to June 7, 2018)|
|Daily||A daily permit is valid from midnight on day of purchase to 11:59 p.m. on the date of purchase.|
Student Permit Types:
- Commuter - available to students living off campus only.
- Resident - available to students living on the LSU campus in a Residence Hall or on-campus apartment.
- Greek - available to students living within a sorority or fraternity house only.
- Law - available to students enrolled in the LSU Paul M. Hebert Law Center only.
- Edward Gay - available to students living in the Edward Gay Apartment complexes only.
- Spouse permits**: Additional $40 per year or semester [i.e. Annual ($165) + Spouse ($40) = $205; Semester ($80) + Spouse ($40) = $120]
- U-High - available to students attend the University Lab School only.
- Motorcycle - available to students who drive a motorcycle or moped to campus only. ($40 per year if a vehicle parking permit is NOT purchased; Complimentary if vehicle parking permit is purchased)
A permit may be purchased or removed on a student's myLSU account using the following instructions:
- Sign on to your myLSU account at https://mylsu.apps.lsu.edu/group/mycampus/home.
- Click "Registration Services"
- Click on "Additional Services"
- Select the Semester (i.e. Summer 2018, Fall 2018).
- If you would like an annual permit, select value 02001.
- If you would like a semester permit, select value 02005.
- If you live within the Edward Gay Apartments and would like an annual permit + a spouse permit, select value 02004.
- If you live within the Edward Gay Apartments and would like a semester permit + a spouse permit, select value 02006.
- If you are not bringing a vehicle to campus and do not need a parking permit, select value 02099.
**Only for individuals who live within the Edward Gay Apartments and Nicholson Gateway.