President F. King Alexander to Present “LSU 2025: Challenge Accepted | LSU’s Role in Addressing the Biggest Problems Facing Our State – And Our Nation”
Alexander to visit every LSU campus to discuss the university’s current and future impact on Louisiana and beyond
BATON ROUGE – In many ways, Louisiana serves as a microcosm for the nation. Many of the state’s greatest challenges are echoed across the country. Coastal erosion, energy dependency, depletion of natural resources, education, economic concerns, poor health outcomes – all of these require creative and innovative solutions driven by leaders in research and scholarship.
LSU President F. King Alexander, alongside chancellors from each respective LSU campus, will present a talk titled “LSU 2025: Challenge Accepted | LSU’s Role in Addressing the Biggest Problems Facing Our State – And Our Nation” to demonstrate LSU’s collective ability to address the issues through research, education and intellectual capital. This will include the announcement of the results of LSU’s newest economic impact study.
“LSU is recommitting to its land grant mission of research, education and service for the benefit of our state. The entire LSU family has a responsibility to help Louisiana, with each campus playing a distinct and vital role. The mantle of finding solutions to state’s most pressing problems is upon our shoulders,” said Alexander. “And to that, we say: challenge accepted.”
Alexander will kick things off by presenting his views for the future of the university at LSU-Shreveport on Feb. 5 at 11 a.m., alongside Chancellor Larry Clark, and close the series on Feb. 16 at the flagship campus in Baton Rouge.
The complete schedule is as follows:
- LSU-Shreveport: Monday, Feb. 5, 11 a.m. | University Center Theater
- LSU Health Sciences Center Shreveport: Monday, Feb. 5, 3 p.m. | Medical School Auditorium
- LSU-Alexandria: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 10 a.m. | LSUA Ballroom
- LSU-Eunice: Tuesday, Feb. 6, 3 p.m. | Acadian Center
- LSU Health Sciences Center New Orleans: Wednesday, Feb. 7, 2 p.m. | Human Development Center Building Auditorium
- Pennington Biomedical Research Center: Thursday, Feb. 8, 2 p.m. | Main Auditorium
- LSU’s Flagship Campus: Friday, Feb. 16, 10:30 a.m. | Union Theater
Media are welcome to attend the events, which are focused on an audience of students, faculty and staff.
Contact Ernie Ballard
LSU Media Relations
Office of the President