Social Outreach Team Job, The LSU Tiger Marching Band
The LSU Tiger Marching Band, or "The Golden Band From Tigerland", is the largest and most visible single organization on campus with a closed membership of 325 students. Recognized nationally for its outstanding achievements by the John Philip Sousa Foundation in 2002, the Tiger Band is comprised of students from all over the LSU campus. Even though Tiger Band members display a wealth of musical talent, we desire players who possess a strong sense of dedication and pride in their work.
Requirements and Expectations
- A paid position
- Work in a collaborative team setting
- Experience in photography and video editing skills
- Ability to work in a digital media capacity
- Experience with social media and marketing strategies
- Attend performances within the band department and take photography/video footage
Email Dr. Kelvin Jones, director of the Golden Band from Tigerland, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 7/9/20
Remote Call Center Student Employees, LSU Public Policy Research Lab - LSU Manship School of Mass Communication
Louisiana State University’s Public Policy Research Lab (PPRL) is a research center dedicated to high quality, state-of-the-art data collection and analytics, with a special emphasis on survey research. For more than 15 years we have advanced both practical and scholarly research while playing a leadership role in public policy development at the state and national level. We serve government agencies, non-profit organizations, business and industry, as well as academic researchers.
The position involves interviewing people via telephone and accurately entering responses into a computer-based data collection system. The questions typically involve a variety of business, political and economic issues. This job is relatively low stress as it requires sitting, dialing phone numbers, data entry, and interacting with people on the phone. This position provides experience in cold calling, which is a great resume builder for students planning a career in fields such as journalism, political campaigning, and/or sales & marketing. This is a work from home position. You would interview and train via Zoom, and then call remotely. This is specifically for evening and weekend work.
- A relatively new and stable home computer
- A high speed broadband internet connection at home
- Access to a private quiet area in your home
- A personal cell phone with unlimited minutes that you would be willing to make phone calls on OR – the ability to set up a Free Google Voice account (it’s not difficult to do)
- A USB headset with speaker and microphone
- Ability to follow simple GROK instructions to download and install a VPN and log into a remote work station
- Must have a clear speaking voice and be able to communicate well over the phone.
- Must have excellent reading and pronunciation skills.
- Must be friendly, outgoing and have a conversational tone of voice.
- Must be able to follow set procedures including the ability to read scripts verbatim.
- Must be willing and able to sit for prolonged periods (at least 40-50 minutes).
Pay is $9.75/hr.
The hours available are Monday through Friday 5 p.m. to 8:45 p.m., Saturday & Sunday 10 a.m. to 8:45 p.m. The minimum shift length is 2 hours. The position requires a minimum commitment of 4 hours per week, with no more than 20 hours per week if you are a full time student. When school is not in session (like this summer) students may work up to 29 hours.
Apply for this position online on Handshake.
Job posted 7/8/20
Communication Editorial Intern, Emergent Method
Emergent Method is a team of problem solvers from diverse backgrounds dedicated to helping clients provide unique and valuable experiences to their customers, employees, and stakeholders. We strive to build and maintain a team of exceptional people who are committed to the success of our firm and our clients.
We are seeking a part-time student intern to provide a wide range of communication and business support to our clients and firm through creating and editing content according to AP Style and other writing standards. The ideal candidate is a driven student who is eager to learn, delivers high-quality service and work products, and thinks strategically to proactively problem solve for our internal team and clients. Additionally, individuals should be able to demonstrate the following characteristics and skillsets:
- A hard-working self-starter
- In good academic standing
- Involved in extracurricular activities with demonstrated leadership experience Drive, initiative, and ownership over work product and tasks
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Copywriting and copyediting
- Creating content and deliverables, such as writing proposals and press releases
- Notetaking skills, including development of client meeting summaries and action items
- Social media content development and management
- Research, data gathering, and analysis
- Administrative duties necessary for project and organizational support
- Production design and document layout as needed
- Other tasks including running errands, answering phone calls, ordering, buying, and stocking supplies, general office tasks, etc. as needed
Required qualifications include the following:
- Studying journalism, mass communication, public relations, political communications, English, or a related field Adept knowledge of AP Style guidelines
- Solid writing skills with ability to adjust to fit multiple platforms
- Strong editing, listening, and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency in all Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc.), trends, and management tools (Hootsuite, TweetDeck, etc.)
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Effective time management and organization skills
Candidate(s) should submit a resume to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Candidates will be required to maintain the strictest confidentiality regarding internal practices, as well as client names, projects, and other information. Internship hours are flexible during and after business hours. Due to COVID-19, our interns are primarily working from home and providing limited in-office support as needed and required.
Job posted 7/6/20
Photography Intern, InRegister Magazine
Fall semester—Internship begins August 2020
Step outside the classroom for a real-world look at how magazines are created with Baton Rouge’s leading lifestyle publication. inRegister is a monthly magazine that covers culture, community, homes, interesting people, and more. This hands-on internship is a great opportunity to get behind the scenes and contribute content for both its print and digital platforms.
- Attending community social and charity events and taking snapshots to run in the magazine and on the website
- Taking accurate notes of names of individuals photographed and embedding that information into metadata for each photo
- Uploading photos to WordPress and to local server
- Taking photographs for feature articles for email newsletters and print issues
- Committing to roughly 12-20 hours per week (this is a paid internship, and it can be used for college credit)
The ideal candidate is:
- A college student with strong photography skills
- Poised, well-spoken and capable of representing the magazine professionally in public
- Detail oriented and willing to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
Email a resume, cover letter and any photography samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 6/30/20
Marketing & Social Media Internship, SASSO
Creative. Fun. Award winning. Motivated by success. SASSO Agency takes a fully integrated approach combining strategy, branding, advertising, digital, social and public relations. Our internship opportunities provide qualified candidates a variety of agency experience including Social Media, Graphic Design, Digital Marketing, Public Relations, Account & Project Management, and everything in between. Join us in exploring the unknown and creating the memorable.
Marketing & Social Media Interns work as needed with SASSO team members on required projects and tasks. Key focus areas include but are not limited to the following:
- Agency operations and office management
- Social Media content development
- Graphic Design support
- Web/Digital support
- Assist in research/competitive auditing
- Assist in reporting
- Copywriting / Proofreading
- Assemble final presentation material for printing
Undergraduate or Graduate student with coursework and/or concentration in Graphic Design and/or Marketing
Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
- Ability to adhere to brand guidelines and complete projects according to deadlines
- Ability to collaborate with the Creative Director to receive feedback and incorporate changes to design concepts
- Basic knowledge of layouts, typography, line composition, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Strong interest in learning all facets of an agency
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven work ethic that shows history of ownership and responsibility
- Ability to work in a team-driven environment
- Ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude
- Weekly office hours (minimum 10 hours per week commitment). SASSO is flexible and can work around school commitments.
Desired Start Date: July 1. Interested candidates, please send the following to email@example.com:
- Days/hours of availability
- One reference
- Any related work
- Please include “Internship Opportunity” in the subject line of your email
Note: SASSO is currently working remotely until conditions are more favorable in light of COVID-19. Our team is still connected online and fully equipped to explore the unknown and create the memorable. Until we return to the office full-time, we will continue to collaborate through email, our project management software, and Zoom video chat.
Job posted 6/25/20
Facility Operations Assistant, LSU UREC
The Operations Assistant is responsible for protecting the safety and well-being of all patrons using the UREC and Nicholson Gateway facility. Operations Assistants are the customer service representatives who are responsible for daily transactions and operations for all UREC members and guests.
Full-time LSU student in good standing with the University.
American Red Cross: Adult and Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED (may be obtained once hired).
- Sell memberships, lockers, guest passes and programs to patrons.
- Be up to date and current on UREC events, programs and facility closures, renovations and projects to be prepared to answer patron questions or concerns.
- Answering phone calls that come into the front desk.
- Troubleshooting patron questions and concerns.
- Reconcile cash drawer at the end of every shift.
- Controlling access by verifying membership.
- Troubleshooting patron’s issues with Tigercard or membership.
- Monitor access log for potential fraudulent ID use.
- Monitor emergency access cameras.
Equipment Desk (10%)
- Sell pro-shop items.
- Check In/Out Equipment.
- Reconciling draw at the end of each shift.
- Monitor patrons using the basketball courts.
- Enforce court policies.
- Act as first responder to accidents/incidents that may occur on courts.
Facility Operations Assistants are supervised by the Coordinator of Facilities.
Students can apply via Handshake within the LSU Olinde Career Center’s website. Application deadline is June 19, 2020.
Job posted 6/9/20
Campaign Student Workers, Jordan Piazza Candidate for Mayor-President of East Baton Rouge Parish
Jordan Piazza, candidate for Mayor-President of East Baton Rouge Parish, seeks student workers for his campaign. This campaign will be quick and nimble, utilizing social media, canvassers, a targeted voter system and media outreach. Five passionate and hardworking students are invited to join them.
- Donor Research
- Canvassing Neighborhoods
- Voter Outreach
- Speech Writing
- Phone Banking
- Event Preparation
- Debate Preparation
- Sign Delivery
- Community Research
- Issue & Policy Formation
Students will work side-by-side with professional consultants, social media managers, community leaders, elected officials and businesspeople. The position requires 5 days a week work though hours may vary. Some extra effort will be expected from time-to-time closer to election day.
If you’re interested, please contact campaign manager Adam Hensgens at Adam@parishcg.com.
Job posted 6/9/20
Unpaid Digital Sports Media Internship, GeauxPreps.com
GeauxPreps.com is looking for hard-working, dedicated students for its non-paid internship program. The successful candidates must be goal-oriented and self-motivated, eager to learn and take leadership roles, demonstrate an interest in sports communications and marketing and must possess a desire to exceed already high expectations.
- Sports Reporting Interns
- Recruiting Interns
- Photographer Interns
- Editing/Content Interns
- Scores/Content Interns
- Social Media Interns
- Real-life business experience
- Hands-on assignments
- Resume builder
- Sports Media experience
- Showcasing creativity
- Professional growth
- Strengthen teamwork and organizational skills
This internship is a non-paid internship. All interested must be available to work weekends and nights during sports seasons and must have reliable transportation. All interns will be assigned to respective regions.
Interested applicants should send (in one document) their resume, a brief writing sample (if a sports writer) or sports action shots (if a sports photographer), and their expected start date to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 6/8/20