CBS Sports HQ Student Ambassador
CBS Sports HQ is a 24-hour streaming sports news network offering news, highlights and analysis, easily accessible for free on connected devices. The digital network is a collaboration between CBS Sports and CBS Interactive and allows sports fans to watch full-day live, anchored coverage featuring game breakdowns and the day's top sports storylines. CBS Sports HQ utilizes the combined resources of CBS Sports, CBSSports.com, 247Sports, SportsLine, CBS Sports Fantasy and MaxPreps to deliver a robust sports network with live news and reporting, game previews and post-game analysis, must-see highlights, projections and in-depth statistical breakdowns.
Become the VP Marketing of CBS Sports HQ on your campus! As a Student Ambassador you will be given the unique opportunity to introduce the CBS Sports HQ brand to your campus. Your responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Identify campus-specific activation opportunities and brainstorm ways to integrate the CBS Sports HQ brand
- Be an on-campus social media influencer
- Engage and support on-brand university clubs and organizations
- Partner with and/or produce watch party events on/off campus
- Collect product feedback and relay details to your manager
This opportunity is for 8 weeks during the Fall semester.
- Passion for sports and CBS Sports HQ
- Interest/passion for Fantasy Sports
- Have the ability to demonstrate extraordinary communication & organizational skills.
- Be comfortable working on your own while receiving remote coaching and supervision.
- Possess an outgoing personality with a desire to positively represent the CBS Sports HQ brand.
- Capable of using digital social sites and understand networks such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.
- $100 weekly based on task completion
- Unique resume building opportunities
- Networking and career building opportunities with the brand marketers/employees
- Real-life marketing experience for an extremely well-known company
- Receive free CBS Sports HQ swag with opportunities to earn additional free products
If you have a have an outgoing personality and a passion for sports, interactive TV and CBS Sports HQ, we want to talk to you! Please fill out the application link!
Job posted 8/13/19
Digital Media & Graphic Design Intern, Louisiana Ambulance Alliance
The Louisiana Ambulance Alliance (LAA) is a diverse group of EMS providers who promote emergency medical transport as a distinct concern in Louisiana; serve as a forum for a unified voice for healthcare providers, public officials, healthcare workers, educators and consumers working to improve emergency medical transport in Louisiana; provide a forum for the exchange and distribution of ideas and information related to the improvement of emergency medical transport; serve as an advocate for emergency medical transport, promoting improved health status and improvements to the health system for residents of Louisiana; and encourage the development of appropriate health resources for Louisiana.
Under the guidance of the Communications and Marketing Manager, the Digital Media and Graphic Design Intern will be responsible for assisting with a variety of day-to-day projects under the Louisiana Ambulance Alliance brand. In addition, the Digital Media and Graphic Design Intern is responsible for assisting with the development of a digital media strategy that will meet organizational goals. This opportunity will provide hands-on, valuable experience with creating graphics, collateral and promotional materials, producing videos, photography and other projects to prepare the intern for a successful career in media and design.
- Designs digital and print content for our web and social media presence: Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube.
- Captures videography and photography for inclusion in web content, social media campaigns, promotional/recruitment materials and other activities.
- Works with cross functional teams to assist with design projects.
- Prepares for and promotes a variety of organization events.
- Has the option to travel for events and workshops.
- Completes other duties as assigned by Communications and Marketing Manager.
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Designing online and printed marketing materials
- Project management and multitasking
- Strong writing and communications skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Photography, videography and editing
- Microsoft Office
- Skilled in social media
- Proactive and solution oriented
- Considerable knowledge of graphic design and editing.
- Considerable knowledge of photography and videography.
- Above average verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have time management, organizational and troubleshooting skills.
- Must be proactive, detail-oriented, a quick learner, forward thinker and
flexible/adaptable to accurately complete a variety of job functions.
- Comfortable working independently and collaboratively with cross functional
teams to achieve company objectives.
- 0-2 years of experience preferred.
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Digital Media or a
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Part-Time (Flexible 10-20 hours/week)
- College credit available
Optional travel to attend workshops and events
- Cover letter
- Portfolio and/or work samples
- Two references
- Copy of Transcript
Please submit application requirements to email@example.com.
Job posted 8/7/19
Communications Intern, Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge
Rebuilding Together Baton Rouge is a 501(c)3 non-profit that helps low-income elderly, veteran and disabled home owners stay in their homes longer and in safety by providing critical home repairs. Most work is with volunteer labor, supervised by RTBR staff. RTBR has been in Baton Rouge since 2004 and completes up to 200+ jobs a year for local homeowners. This position will help develop marketing tools and processes to increase and maintain more positive public exposure and to attract volunteers and funding.
This is a 3 to 6-month, unpaid internship @12 hours per week. However, RTBR can provide a stipend to cover any work-related expenses. The intern will work closely with the executive director and board chair to develop and implement a comprehensive communications plan. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Updates of social media accounts with fresh content to improve engagement and outreach
- Get Instagram account up and running
- Develop a “once a year” flyer with updated information to attach to marketing materials
- Help with annual giving campaign marketing materials
- Conduct research to find articles and stories relevant to RTBR’s mission and vision and post on social media platforms to invite conversation and interaction
- Monitor and respond to social media conversation/interaction
- Update the website via GoDaddy
- Develop better communication protocols with Baton Rouge volunteers
- Assist with special events
- Contribute to the team effort by accomplishing related tasks as needed
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
- Creative self-starter with a passion for the Baton Rouge community
- Experience with website maintenance and social media platforms
- Detail oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration with the team
- Be flexible and willing to take on other tasks in this start-up environment.
- Provide your own laptop computer
- Comfortable working in a shared space environment
- Available to work 12 hours per week
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter to Chris Andrews at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job posted 7/30/19
Communications Intern, LSU College of Art & Design
The College of Art & Design is looking for a communications or English major who is looking to gain some hands-on office experience here on LSU’s campus.
- Supporting the management of social media accounts including Twitter, Facebook, Instagram
- Assisting with website edits
- Coordinating communications planning documents, calendars
- Opportunities to write, report for articles about LSU Art & Design
- Assisting the communications manager with miscellaneous tasks as needed
- Ability to work independently is a must
- Must be highly organized, have a strong attention to detail
- Must have excellent grammar, knowledge of AP style rules, and writing fluency.
Student must be able to commit up to 10 hours per week during the fall 2019 and spring 2020 semesters. Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com to apply.
Job posted 6/4/19
Field Organizer, CADC
CADC, LLC is seeking qualified, highly motivated individuals to fill the role of Field Organizer. Field Organizers serve an important role on the front lines of today’s progressive fights, and organizer experience is vital to any seeking a career in politics.
CADC specializes in direct voter contact on behalf of progressive candidates and causes. CADC’s leadership has decades of combined experience with campaigns of all shapes and sizes, from the DSCC and DCCC to national issue advocacy campaigns and municipal races.
Field Organizers (FOs) are responsible for the day-to-day recruitment, instruction and management of canvass teams. Successful applicants will possess at least three months of canvass or field experience on a candidate or issue advocacy campaign. Canvass experience is preferred. FOs report directly to the Regional Field Director.
Applicants for the position must possess strong organizational and communication skills as well as the ability to multitask and meet deadlines. They must also be willing to relocate as necessary, possess reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license. The willingness to work extended hours and weekends is also required.
Field Organizer Responsibilities
Recruitment, Hiring and Training
- Assisting the Regional Field Director in all canvasser recruitment activities and ensuring that recruitment goals are achieved throughout the duration of the program
- Implementing, under the supervision of the Regional Field Director, the complete vetting, interviewing and hiring of all successful applicants
- Ensuring the successful training and orientation of all canvassers Canvasser Management
- Providing canvass teams with the positive leadership culture, resources, guidance and technical support required to succeed during each phase of the program while ensuring compliance with all CADC policies and best practices
- Ensuring that all canvasses are launched and completed in a timely, orderly fashion
- Promoting the continued development of canvass teams in their day-to-day duties and responsibilities over the course of the program
- Communicating all pertinent on-the-ground information to, and providing timely response to requests from, the canvassers under your direction
- Ensuring that canvass teams properly perform their roles and maintain accurate and reliable data
- Providing the Regional Field Director with daily quantitative and qualitative reports as part of an ongoing evaluation of the program’s success
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum of three months field experience.
- Proficiency with VAN, Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
- Previous payroll experience is a plus.
- A strong commitment to progressive values, including diversity, equality for all and economic justice.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- An understanding and appreciation of the urgent nature and time demands of campaigns.
- Willingness to work long hours and weekends.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation and an ability to relocate as needed.
- Working laptop.
Compensation and Application Submission
- CADC offers a highly competitive salary, based on experience. This position is salaried, full-time, short-term position.
- Application Deadline: Rolling. Interested applicants should email a resume, cover letter, and 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job posted 5/8/19