The information systems developed and maintained by analysts contain over 10,000 application programs. These programs are written primarily in COBOL, Lotus Notes, and SAS.
All systems use DB2 relational databases with the exception of Human Resource Management and System Personnel, which use IMS hierarchical databases.
The Systems Programming and IS architecture groups are charged with the following responsibilities:
- System installation and maintenance of DB2, FileAid, SDF2, COBOL, QMF, and SAS
- Database administration and modeling for the design, creation and support of over 80 IMS and DB2 databases representing over 1200 applications tables
- Lotus Domino infrastructure planning, administration, and implementation
- Hosting Domino web services, and other administrative and student web services
- Lotus Notes/PAWS account creation
- Applications analyst technical support