LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan
The LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan is a fully-insured Medicare Advantage plan. LSU First has partnered with UnitedHealthcare® to provide LSU First Medicare-eligible retirees with the LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan for your health and prescription drug coverage. This plan is designed to better meet the needs of retirees and to coordinate more effectively with your Medicare coverage.
- No annual deductible to meet.
- Providers who accept Medicare and are willing to file with UnitedHealthcare will be covered at 100%.
- Generic medications will continue to be covered at 100%.
- Virtual Doctor Visits covered at 100% - see and speak to a doctor using your computer or mobile device.
- HouseCalls - Each year a knowledgeable health care practitioner can come to you at no additional charge. He or she will review your health history and medication(s), perform a physical exam, identify health risks and provide educational information.
- Access to registered nurses through a 24/7 NurseLineSM1.
- SilverSneakers®2 Membership –Basic Fitness membership at no additional cost at over 13,000 participating facilities.
View a video about the LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan.
To be eligible for this plan:
- Enrolled in Medicare Part A and B*
- Participants must continue to pay for Part B
*You and any covered dependents, if applicable, must be Medicare-eligible and enrolled in Medicare Part A and B.
Prescription Drug Coverage
LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan offers drug coverage through OptumRx. They have more than 67,000 network pharmacies nationwide, including drugstore chains and independent pharmacies.
There is no deductible under this plan, so co-pay will begin at enrollment. Participants can choose 30 or 90-day refills at retail pharmacies or 90-day refills through Mail Order. Co-pay amounts for a 30-day supply are:
- Generic Medications - $0
- Brand Name Medications - $40
- Specialty Medications - $100
With a Medicare Advantage plan, LSU First is able to offer additional benefits to retirees that they previously did not have access to.
Participants will have access to a nurse via telephone 24 hours a day.
- Choosing appropriate medical care
- Help choosing a doctor
- Tips on how to control diabetes, blood pressure, and/or high cholesterol
- Reviewing your medications and exploring how to save money on prescriptions
- Connecting you with community resources
Virtual Doctor Visits
Participants can see providers using a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- UnitedHealthcare’s Virtual Doctor Visits lets you choose to see and speak to specific doctors using your computer or a mobile device, like a tablet or smartphone. These doctors are special providers that have the ability to offer virtual medical visits.
- During a virtual visit, you can ask questions, get a diagnosis and the doctor can even prescribe medication that, if appropriate, can be sent to your pharmacy.
- There is no cost for these visits.
- Typical visits last 10 minutes.
- You can find a list of participating virtual medical doctors online at www.UHCRetiree.com/lsufirst.
Participants can have a clinical visit in the comfort of your own home.
- UnitedHealthcare’s HouseCalls is an optional annual health program offered to you at no cost.
- The program sends a Nurse Practitioner or Physician directly to your home. During the visit, they will check your medical history and current medications. It can also give you a chance to ask any health questions you may have. Once completed, HouseCalls will send a summary of your visit to your doctor so that he/she has this additional information regarding your health.
Participants have access to get active with this free fitness program.
- Designed for all fitness levels and abilities, SilverSneakers® includes access to exercise equipment, classes and more than 13,000 participating locations. SilverSneakers® signature classes, offered at select locations, are led by certified instructors trained specifically in adult fitness and include a range of options from using light hand weights to more intense circuit training.
- At-home kits are offered for members who want to start working out at home or for those who can’t get to a fitness location due to injury, illness or being homebound
- A full list of gyms can be found at www.silversneakers.com.
Solutions for Caregivers
Participants can receive extra support for those who take care of others.
- Get helpful advice and decision-making support from a professional care manager.
- Have a registered nurse perform an in-person health overview of the person you are caring for.
- Work together to create a custom plan that may address both your needs and the needs of the person you are caring for.
- Get help to find and arrange community-based programs and services for your specific needs.
- Access educational resources, discounted products and services online.
LSU First Medicare Retiree Plan Members have support through the Call Center during Annual Enrollment and once they are enrolled.
- Representatives are available Monday - Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. CST at 1-800-457-8506
You can also register online at www.UHCRetiree.com/lsufirst to access plan information, materials and programs.
- Medical Claim Search
- Health Needs Assessment
- Plan Materials
- Temporary or replacement member ID cards
- Provider Search
- Medical & Pharmacy detail/history