Interfraternity Council Recruitment
The Interfraternity Council (IFC) is the governing body of the 17 fraternities on LSU’s campus. As such, it facilitates the formal recruitment process each fall.
Fall Formal IFC Fraternity Recruitment
Registration begins Tuesday, June 1, 2021. Registration will close on Friday, August 6, 2021, at 4:30 p.m.
To get started, you will need the following items:
- A laptop or desktop should be used when registering.
- Your resume. (You are not required to attach your resume to the application - Information from your resume is typed into the respective fields on the application.)
- Most recent headshot photograph (i.e., senior picture).
- Credit/Debit card for your payment method of $35.
- Please know it will take 30-45 minutes to complete the registration form. In addition, you are only allowed to register once. If there are duplicate registration forms from the same person, IFC reserves the right to use the first registration form completed within the system. Please make sure your information is correct when registering.
2021 Formal Recruitment Schedule At-A-Glance
|June 1||8:00 a.m.||Registration opens|
|August 3||4:30 p.m.||Registration closes|
|August 11||6:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.||Virtual Parent Convocation|
|August 19||1:30 p.m. - 2:30 p.m.||Potential New Member Convocation|
|August 19||6:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||Pre-Recruitment Education (Part 1)|
|August 20||10:00 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.||
Pre-Recruitment Education (Part 2) Groups 1 - 10
|August 20||1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m.||
Pre-Recruitment Education (Part 2) Groups 11 - 20
|August 20||5:00 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.||
Round 1a (Events 1 - 11)
|August 21||10:00 a.m. - 3:20 p.m.||
Round 1b (Events 12 - 22)
|August 21||9:00 p.m. - 11:00 p.m.||
Selections for PNMs (Top 8)
|August 22||10:00 a.m. - 3:10 p.m.||
Round 2 (Events 1 - 8)
|August 22||10:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.||
Selections for PNMs (Top 3)
|August 23||6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.||
Round 3 - Preference (Events 1 - 3)
|August 23||7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m.||
Preference ranking for PNMs
|August 24||6:00 p.m. - 6:45 p.m.||
New Member Convocation/Bid Distribution
- For questions regarding the recruitment process, email Austin Lewis.
- For questions regarding the recruitment registration process, email Richard Haydel.
- Find answers to your questions by viewing the IFC Fraternity Recruitment FAQs.
- Questions to Ask During Recruitment
- Rules for Potential New Members
- Fraternity/Sorority Score Card
Stay informed on all things related to IFC fraternity recruitment. Follow @LSUIFC on Instagram.