Basic Expectations of Fraternity Members
The IFC recognizes the Basic Expectations of Fraternity Membership, as published by the North-American Interfraternity Conference (NIC) and includes these as expectations for conduct of every fraternity member at LSU.
Member fraternities of the IFC will be held accountable for the conduct of their individual members, new members (pledges), and associates. In an effort to lessen the disparity between fraternity ideals and individual behavior and to personalize these ideals in the daily undergraduate experience, the following Basic Expectations of fraternity membership have been established:
- I will know and understand the ideals expressed in my fraternity ritual and will incorporate them in my daily life.
- I will strive for academic achievement and practice academic integrity.
- I will respect the dignity and worth of all persons. I will not physically, mentally,
psychologically, sexually abuse, or haze any human being.
- I will protect the health and safety of all human beings.
- I will respect my property and the property of others; therefore, I will neither abuse nor tolerate the abuse of property.
- I will meet my financial obligations in a timely manner.
- I will neither use nor support the use of illegal drugs; I will neither abuse nor support the abuse of alcohol.
- I acknowledge that a clean and attractive environment is essential to both physical and mental health; therefore, I will do all in my power to see that the chapter property is safe, properly cleaned, and maintained.
- I will challenge my members to abide by these fraternal expectations and confront those who violate them.