We are partnering with the LSU Food Pantry for the 2018 Family Weekend Service Project.
The LSU Food Pantry opened in August, 2013 and its mission is to provide supplemental food to students in need who may experience hunger or food insecurity. The Food Pantry is a valuable resource to students, providing 6,303 uses by 1,115 students, faculty and staff between July 1, 2017 and April 14, 2018. That is over 70,000 pounds of food distributed!
The Food Pantry is in constant need of food items to keep up with this demand, and we know our LSU Families can help! The staff in Campus Life has provided the top nine items that are needed. Families can bring these to Family Weekend and drop them off at Check-in in the front lobby of the LSU Student Union or contribute to the Food Pantry via their Amazon Wish List or online giving page, all of which can be found at www.lsu.edu/foodpantry. Thank you so much for helping to re-stock the Food Pantry!
Bring these items to Family Weekend:
- Bottled Water
- Proteins (Beans, Tuna, Peanut Butter, Vienna Sausages, etc.)
- Rice (All kinds)
- Ready Meals (Chef Boyarde, Easy Mac, etc)
- Jelly (to go with the peanut butter)
- Snacks (granola bars, nuts, chips, trail mix, crackers)
- Ethnic Foods (tortillas, chick peas, lentils, curry sauce, etc.)
- Pasta + Sauce (all kinds)