Family Association Scholarship
2018-19 LSU Family Association Scholarships
Congratulations to our 2018-19 LSU Family Association Scholarship recipients! 20 recipients were selected, and each recipient will be awarded $1000 total ($500 in Fall 2018 and $500 in Spring 2019).
2019-20 LSU Family Association Scholarships
The LSU Family Association scholarship selection process occurs annually at the beginning of the spring semester. Information and deadlines for the 2019-20 LSU Family Association Scholarships application process will be emailed to all current Family Association members in December 2018.
- Currently enrolled Louisiana State University full-time undergraduate student
- Family must be a current member of the LSU Family Association. *If you would like to join the Family Association, please click here to learn more. The deadline to join the Family Association for your student to be considered for the 2019-2020 Family Association scholarship is January 1, 2019.
- Students must be in good academic (minimum 2.0 GPA) and judiciary standing with the University.
- Students must be enrolled at Louisiana State University during each semester the award is distributed (Fall 2019 and Spring 2020).
- Completed the 2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Scholarship Application on myLSU (under Financial Services) completed after August 1, 2018. Applications submitted during prior academic years will not be considered. **Application must reflect membership in the LSU Family Association by selecting the Family Association box under Father/Mother affiliations in Section II of the application.
How to Apply
Students must have a Scholarship Application on file through the LSU Student Aid & Scholarship profile on their myLSU account, in which they have selected the option that their family is a member of the LSU Family Association. A student's application must have been submitted or updated within the current academic year to be eligible. Students who may have previously completed the scholarship application can go back into the system to check the LSU Family Association box if they have saved the application in a prior session. If the student has not filled out the application previously, or has not saved their information they will need to start a new application.
Only those students whose scholarship application reflects membership in the LSU Family Association will be considered for this award.
If you would like to join the Family Association, please click here to learn more. The deadline to join the Family Association for your student to be considered for the 2019-2020 Family Association scholarship is January 1, 2019.
How to access the scholarship application:
- Log on to myLSU
- Click Financial Services
- Click Scholarship Application
- Fill out the application in its entirety
- In Section II, “Parental Information” be sure to check the LSU Family Association box located under Father/Mother Affiliation.
The following criteria may be considered when selecting applicants to advance to the second round of selections: academic achievement, involvement, leadership and/or service in the LSU community.
Additional details regarding the 2019-20 selections process will be released in December 2018.
Please feel free to email the LSU Family Association at email@example.com or call (225) 578-1173 should you have any questions regarding the LSU Family Association Scholarships.