MS Program Objectives
The MS Program Objectives are intended to produce graduates who possess a higher level of understanding of the petroleum engineering discipline than the graduates of the BS Program. MS program engineers should be able to demonstrate the objectives of the BS Program, and within 2-5 years after graduation and for the remainder of their careers also:
- Understand and apply petroleum engineering science and technology in a focused area such as drilling, reservoir, formation evaluation or completions at a level expected of an expert in the field.
- Be able to understand the need for technology development in a focused area, and make the case to acquire or develop this technology to employers, employees, and the public.
- Be able to succeed as a technical expert in industry or government agency, or as an instructor in academia.
PHD Program Objectives
The PhD Program Objectives are to produce graduates who are able to plan and conduct independent research which leads to the development of new knowledge. The graduates of the PhD Program should demonstrate the objectives of both the BS and MS programs and within 2-5 years of graduation and for the remainder of their careers also:
- Become a recognized expert at a global level in a specific area of petroleum engineering or a related field.
- Be able to succeed as a research leader in industry or government agency, or as a faculty member in academia
Enrollment and Degree Production Data
|Academic Year||Enrollment||BS Awarded|