January 11, 2018
- Summer Steib, Derek Rovaris, Christine Corcos, Mandi Lopez, Tammy Millican, Mari Fuentes-Martin, Hala Esmail, Laurie Braden, Jordyn Warren, Andrew Bock
Not in Attendance
- Ali Mullin, Brenton Sumler, Cynthia Peterson, Kenya Messer, Angelina Boskovich, Christine,
Cheng, Allison Smith, Mimi Lee
Approval of Previous Minutes
I. Closing the Gaps panel
- Selected #MeToo at LSU as the topic to address sexual harassment in higher education.
- Will look at Wednesday 21 or Thursday 22 of March in the union. May consider doing a breakfast/morning time.
II. Subcommittee updates
- Mentoring/ professional development
- Closing the Gaps
- Gender Wage Gap
- Working on tangible metrics and planning that can presented to staff senate
- The current data/ powerpoint are not able to be released yet - pending approval
III. Gender Wage Gap
- Review of event
- Questions that were submitted to the panel afterwards have not been answered in a follow up email as promised
- Having audience members write questions on cards was effective and should continue to be used
- Consider a livestream of the event and saving/ archiving questions on the UCGE website - will this require consent forms?
- Next steps
- Get with panelists to confirm a day for the March CTG
Work with staff senate to get
- Next meeting will be held Tuesday, February 6 at 1:00pm, Women’s Center Multipurpose Room.