The LSU Music Boot Camp is an intensive program designed specifically for incoming undergraduate music majors. This mandatory introduction program is focused on helping students make a smooth transition to the LSU School of Music and campus life prior to the start of the fall semester.
Dates: August 15 - 23
*Co-registration of the Music Boot Camp with other activities (offered during the same dates) such as Tiger Band Camp or STRIPES is prohibited.
Registration Deadline: August 1
Questions can be directed to Alexia Perez at email@example.com or 225-578-6047.
About Boot Camp
At LSU Music Boot Camp, participants will:
- Learn important study skills
- Participate in Music History and Theory lectures
- Complete practice exams and review with faculty
- Collaborate with faculty and peer mentors in a variety of engaging activities
- Meet faculty, graduate students, and university staff in a relaxed, informal setting
Schedule and Activities
(All items listed below are tentative and subject to adjustment.)
- Program check-in
- Tours of facilities and the LSU campus
- Meet ‘n‘ Greet Brunch
- Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday
- Content intensive classes
- Area specific workshops
- Faculty-led group activities
- Peer-led group activities
- Campus Resource staff presentations
- Practice Test sessions
- Review and discussion of test results with faculty mentors
- Final peer-led closing activities
Students in Music Boot Camp will be expected to attend all events during the days of the camp; evenings will be left free for students to participate in the larger LSU Community “Welcome Week” events.