The LSU Music Boot Camp is an intensive program designed specifically for incoming undergraduate music majors. This mandatory introduction program is focused on helping students make a smooth transition to the LSU School of Music and campus life prior to the start of the fall semester. This year, the Boot Camp will be offered in a hybridized format with virtual experiences and optional on-campus activities.
Dates: August 15 - 23
Co-registration of the Music Boot Camp with other activities (offered during the same dates) such as RUSH or STRIPES is prohibited.
Music majors participating in preseason auditions for the Tiger Marching Band are exempted from Music Boot Camp participation.
Registration Deadline: August 1
Questions can be directed to Alexia Perez at email@example.com.
About Boot Camp
At the LSU Music Boot Camp, participants will:
- Learn important study skills
- Participate in Music History and Theory lectures
- Complete practice exams and review with faculty
- Collaborate with faculty and peer mentors in a variety of engaging activities
- Meet faculty, graduate students, and university staff in a relaxed, informal setting