Graduate Certificate in Workforce Development Admission Criteria
Thank you for your interest in joining the School of Leadership & Human Resource Development Graduate Certificate in Workforce Development program. This page describes the admission criteria for our program. We make every effort to review application materials as quickly as possible. In order to do so, you will need to submit several pieces of information with your application. Failure to submit ALL of the documents listed below in a timely fashion will slow the admission decision.
Required Application Materials:
- Resume or C.V. with a complete and accurate chronological outline of all previous college-level education and full-time professional work experience
- Three letters of recommendation
- GRE Scores
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Post-baccalaureate transcripts
- Graduate transcripts
- Personal statement expressing your interest in the program. In 500 words or less introduce yourself to the faculty, describe your professional and academic goals, and explain how you think our MS program fits your interests and goals.
Grade Point Average (GPA) Requirements:
The requisite undergraduate cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) for regular admission to the MS program in Leadership & Human Resource Development is 3.0. However, if a student's cumulative undergraduate GPA is below 3.0 but is above a 3.0 for the last half-degree requirement of his/her undergraduate work, then she/he is eligible for regular admission. In addition, if a student has a cumulative and last 60 hours GPA between 2.55 and 3.0 and has a graduate GPA above a 3.0 with at least 9 credit hours, she/he is eligible for regular admission.
Applicants with an undergraduate cumulative GPA between 2.55 – 2.99 can be admitted to the program "on probation" at the School's discretion. Applicants with an undergraduate GPA below 2.55 will not be considered for admission to the MS program.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) Requirements:
Applicants who are considered for probationary admission, and/or have less than three years of full-time work experience must submit GRE scores. The minimum composite (verbal + quantitative) GRE score must be in the 300 range.
Applicants to the MS program may have the GRE requirement waived if they meet the GPA requirement for regular admission, demonstrate at least three years full-time work experience, AND provide a GRE Waiver Essay. The essay must be 1,000 words or less and use specific examples from your professional work experience to demonstrate:
- Your motivation to succeed as a professional.
- Your ability to persevere in the face of demanding professional challenges.
- Your intellectual ability to master challenging and difficult subject matter.
We have rolling admissions and admit students to the program throughout the year according to the following deadlines:
- Applications for fall admission are due by May 15
- Applications for spring admission are due by October 15
- Applications for summer admission are due by March 15
Please note: Meeting the minimum admission requirements does not ensure acceptance into the program.
All applicants must adhere to the application procedures and deadlines established by the LSU Graduate School and the School of Leadership and Human Resource Development.