Tigers Advancing in Leadership (T.A.I.L.)
Tigers Advancing in Leadership (T.A.I.L.) is designed to prepare second-year and third-year students to exercise leadership skills critical to promoting positive social change on campus and beyond.
T.A.I.L. is a 5-week leadership program for students wishing to discuss and explore their leadership potential. Participants will examine case studies to connect with each other and explore various leadership styles to tackle complex leadership problems.
Students who participate in this program will be able to articulate their goals and explore ways to enact change in their lives. T.A.I.L. is an excellent way to learn about and exhibit social change with others willing to engage in in-depth dialogue.
This is a unique opportunity for students to explore leadership opportunities in Campus Life and across campus. Participants will build connections with peers, guest speakers, and staff as they learn what it means to be a change agent and leader at LSU.
At the end of the students’ participation in the LSU Tigers Advancing in Leadership program, they will be able to:
- Explain the Social Change Model of Leadership Development
- Develop self-knowledge to specifically articulate aspects of their own identity and personal values
- Articulate how to approach an identified community need
To be eligible for T.A.I.L., you must:
Apply as an LSU student with at 24 undergraduate credit hours or more.
- Have and maintain a 2.5 cumulative grade point average
- Be deemed eligible to participate by the Office of Student Advocacy and Accountability/Office of the Dean of Students
- Have demonstrated a strong commitment to involvement in campus and community organizations and activities, as well as articulate the values of the Commitment to Community, and a commitment to learning more about your own leadership and social change
Sessions are Mondays from 3:00-4:30 p.m. on the following dates:
January 25, 2021 – Introduction
February 1, 2021 – Societal/Community Values
February 8, 2021 – Group Values
February 22, 2021 – Individual Values
March 1, 2021 – Closing/Presentation
Now accepting applications – Apply Here!