QSM Grant Information
Grant Policies & Guidelines
Applicants should carefully read this document before writing and submitting their application. Click here to read QSM Grant Policies and Guidelines.
- Proposals for the second round of the 2020-21 QSM Grant cycle are due on Monday, March 8, 2021.
- 2020-21 QSM Grant Award recipients must complete the Post-Award Receipt Submission and Final Report form June 15, 2021.
Please click on each section for more information and tips!
- Check the announcements for the start of an application round.
- Applicants should carefully read and review the QSM Policies and Guidelines to begin to determine the project needs and gather the necessary information.
- Applicants should review the grant application questions and prepare clear and complete responses to them. It is recommended that applicants create a word document and cut and paste section responses into the online form.
- Applicants should prepare a detailed and reasonable budget of no more than $1,000. Shipping costs may be included in a budget. Tax costs are not fundable.
- Applicants should discuss their proposal with their department head and/or an administrator.
- Applicants will have the option of attending a virtual QSM Grant Writing workshop held shortly after the application process is opened.
- Applicants will complete and submit a QSM grant proposal through the grant management portal, called Reviewr. Click here to access the Reviewr portal.
- Principals must complete the Principal Statement of Support. This, along with the budget, will need to be included as attachments in the application.
- Grant Proposals are scored and ranked by a panel of reviewers. Reviewers may reduce the final award if it is necessary to remove unacceptable items such as consumable materials or taxes.
- Feedback will be available to the applicants to review so that they may revise and resubmit in later round.
- For successful proposals, applicants and their principal are notified of the award via email.
- For unfunded proposals, only applicants are notified. Applicants will have access to feedback of their proposal for review and possible revision and resubmission in the next available grant round.
- Applicants and their principals must officially accept the award by completing the QSM Award Acceptance Form. A link form will be included in the notification email.
- If the school is not already a registered LSU supplier, a school administrator or an accountant register to become before the award can be accepted. Click here to see if your school is a registered LSU supplier. If they are not, a school administrator or accountant can register to become one by clicking here.
- The recipient’s school will receive a check from LSU with awarded funds to be spent on the approved budget items.
- If there are multiple recipients at the school, a single check is sent with the total amount.
- In order to receive funds, the school must be an LSU supplier. This is a simple process that should be completed by the school’s accountant or administrator. Click here to for instructions to become an LSU supplier.
- Recipients must submit receipts of their approved budget items as proof of purchase in order to be compliant with the grant policies.
- All grant funds must be expended as specified in the approved proposal. Any requests for budget changes must be approved prior to purchasing. Please send an updated budget and short justification to email@example.com for approval.
- Recipients must complete the Final Report form.