Assistant Professor / Associate Professor, A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University (1998 - 2006).
Associate Professor / Professor, E. J. Ourso College of Business, Louisiana State University (2006 - Present).
His research is accessible at https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Jianan_Wu3
- PhD Business Administration, Smeal College of Business, The Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA16802, 1998
Awards & Honors
- 2011 Jan-Benedict E.M. Steenkamp Award for Long Term Impact (IJRM), European Marketing Academy (EMAC), 2011
- Flagship Faculty, Louisiana State University, 2006
- Outstanding Young Researcher Award, A. B. Freeman School of Business, Tulane University, 2003
- 2000 Honorable Mention Award (IJRM), European Marketing Academy (EMAC), 2000
- Teaching Interests: Marketing Research, Marketing Analytics, International Marketing, Marketing Management
- Research Interests: E-Commerce, Marketing Analytics, International Marketing
Selected Research Publications
- Lu, S., Wu, J., and Tseng, S. Allen (2018). How Online Reviews Become Helpful: A Dynamic Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 44(November), 17-28.
- Wu, J. (2017). Review Popularity and Review Helpfulness: The Effectiveness of Online User Reviews. Decision Support Systems, 97(May), 92-103.
- Wu, Y. and Wu, J. (2016). The Impact of User Review Volume on Consumers' Willingness-to-Pay: A Consumer Uncertainty Perspective. Journal of Interactive Marketing, 33(February), 43-56.
- Wu, J., Wu, Y., Sun, J., and Yang, Z. (2013). How Much Are Buyers Willing To Pay? A Two Stage Model of Uncertainty Assessment with Online User Reviews . Decision Support Systems, 55(1), 175-185.
- Wu, J. and Ayala, E. (2013). The Role of Online Seller Reviews and Product Price on Buyers' Willingness-To-Pay: A Risk Perspective . European Journal of Information Systems, 22(4), 416-433.
- Allen, G. and Wu, J. (2010). How Well Do Shopbots Represent Online Markets? A Study of Shopbots' Vendor Coverage Strategy . European Journal Of Information Systems, 19(June), 257-272.
- Wu, J., Cook, V., and Strong, E. (2005). A Two-Stage Model of Promotional Performance of Pure Online Players. Information Systems Research, 16(4), 334-351.
- Wu, J. and Rangaswamy, A. (2003). A Fuzzy Set Model of Search and Consideration with An Application to An Online Market.. Marketing Science, 22(3), 411-434.
- DeSarbo, W. and Wu, J. (2001). The Joint Spatial Representation of Multiple Data Sets Collected in Marketing Research. Journal Of Marketing Research, 38(2), 244-253.
- Degeratu, A., Rangaswamy, A., and Wu, J. (2000). Consumer Choice Behavior in Online and Traditional Supermarkets: The Effects of Brand Name, Price, and other Search Attributes. International Journal Of Research In Marketing, 17(1), 55-78.
- Wu, Y. and Wu, J. (2016, June). The Dynamic Impact of Online Review Content on Product Sales. Presented at INFORMS Marketing Science Conference sponsored by INFORMS, Shanghai, China.
- Lu, S., Wu, J., and Tseng, S. (2016, June). How Online Reviews Become Helpful: A Dynamic Perspective. Presented at Marketing Science sponsored by INFORMS, Shanghai, China.
Professional and Service Activities
- Journal of Interactive Marketing, Editorial Review Board Member (, 2007)
Employed by LSU since