Roy L Heidelberg
Associate Professor, Department of Public Administration
3041 Business Education Complex East
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Awards & Honors
- Outstanding Untenured Professor Teaching Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business, 2015
- Research Excellence Award, E.J. Ourso College of Business, 2015
- Teaching Interests: Public Policy, Decision making, and Modeling
- Research Interests: Accountability, Economic Development, Social Theory, Policy
Selected Research Publications
- Heidelberg, R. Lester (2018). Getting It Right: Public Administration Undergoing Epistemology. Administrative Theory & Praxis, 40(1), 23-42.
- Heidelberg, R. LesterThe Democracy Problem. Administration and Society.
- Heidelberg, R. LesterPublic Administration and the Logic of Resolution. Critical Policy Studies, Forthcoming.
- Heidelberg, R. LesterPublic Administration, Popular Sovereignty, and la Police. Administrative Theory & Praxis, 37(3), 162-174.
- Heidelberg, R. LesterPolitical Accountability and Spaces of Contestation. Administration and Society.
- Heidelberg, R. Lester and Eckerd, A. (2015). Public Incentives, Market Motivations, and Contaminated Properties: New Public Management and Brownfield Liability Reform. Public Administration Review, 75(2), 252-261.
- Heidelberg, R. Lester and Desai, A. (2015). Simulation Rules: The Role of Simulation in Policy Inquiry. Administrative Theory & Praxis, 37(1).
- Heidelberg, R. Lester (2015). The Power of Knowing the Rules. American Review of Public Administration.
- Heidelberg, R. Lester (2014). Review of Strings Attached by Ruth Grant.
- Heidelberg, R. Lester (2012). Exploring Assumptions Through Possible Worlds In Anand Desai (Ed.), Simulation for Policy Inquiry
- Heidelberg, R. Lester and Richardson, J. A. (2012). Using Simulation as a Scenario Builder for Decision Making: A Case Study of the Nurse Family Partnership Program in Louisiana In Anand Desai (Ed.), Simulation for Policy Inquiry
- Heidelberg, R. Lester (2011). Review of Qualitative Research Methods for Public Administration by Larry S. Luton.
Professional and Service Activities
- Public Administration Theory Network, Officer, Secretary (June 1, 2015 - May 31, 2016)
- Information Resources Committee, Committee Member (August 1, 2014 - July 31, 2015)
Employed by LSU since
August 20, 2012