- PhD Public Policy, Georgia State University and Georgia Institute of Technology, Atlanta, Georgia, 2016
- MA , Central University of Finance & Economics , Beijing, China, 2010
- Teaching Interests: Public Budgeting and Finance, Public Financial Management, Research Methods
- Research Interests: Public Budgeting, Public Financial Management, Nonprofit Finance and Financial Management, Urban and Local Governance
Selected Research Publications
- Su, M. (2019). Understanding the Accumulation of Local Government Savings: A Dynamic Analysis. International Journal of Public Administration, 42(11), 893-903.
- Su, M. (2019). Local Governments' Responses to Revenue Changes: The Effects of Unreserved General Fund Balances. International Journal of Public Administration.
- Thomas, J. C., Su, M., and Poister, T. (2018). How Do Legislators Assess Administrative Performance? Georgia's Department of Transportation in the Eyes of the State's Legislators. American Review of Public Administration, 48(8), 822-835.
- Su, M. and Hildreth, W. Bartley (2018). Does Financial Slack Reduce Municipal Short-term Borrowing?. Public Budgeting & Finance, 38(1), 95-113.
- Su, M. (2013). Who Lends a Hand to Government? The Impact of Social Capital on Governmental Volunteering. International Journal of Volunteer Administration, XXX(1), 1-16.
- Thomas, J. C., Poister, T. H., and Su, M. (2015). In the Eye of the Beholder: Learning from Stakeholder Assessments of Public Value In John M. Bryson, Barbara Crosby, and Laura Bloomberg (Ed.), Public Value and Public Administration (pp.170-186). Washington, D.C.: Georgetown University Press.
Employed by LSU since
August 15, 2016