In 1995, students, staff and faculty came together to craft a statement of position regarding our basic principles as an academic community. The LSU Commitment to Community (C2C) states our expectations for each LSU community member.
To promote these principles, each spring, the Office of the Dean of Students recognizes 12 outstanding seniors who contribute positively to the life of the campus and surrounding community. These 12 individuals are then recognized as the Tiger Twelve. In keeping with the C2C, these students:
- Hold themselves to the highest standards of academic, personal, and social integrity
- Practice justice, equality, and compassion in human relations
- Respect the dignity of all persons and accept individual differences
To be eligible for the Tiger Twelve Class of 2019, a student must:
- Demonstrate the principles of the C2C through scholarship, actions, and contributions;
- Have a cumulative gpa of at least 2.5;
- Graduate in May, August or December of 2019;
- Have current full-time status at LSU (unless graduating in May); and
- Be in good academic and accountability standing.
- The Tiger Twelve nomination process will open on January 9, 2019 and close on January 25, 2019.
- The Tiger Twelve application process will open on January 28, 2019 and close on February 8, 2019.
Learn more about the Class of 2018 Tiger Twelve.
Learn more about the Class of 2017 Tiger Twelve.
Brittany Ellen Williams
Learn more about the Class of 2016 Tiger Twelve.
Learn more about the Class of 2015 Tiger Twelve.