Business Residential College
Jordan M. Lizana, Academic Services Coordinator
BRC-115 West Hall, 225-578-4977
BEC-2000 Business Education Complex, 225-578-3211
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
The Business Residential College (BRC) is a living-learning environment where the next generation of business leaders are assisted in acclimating to the culture of the E. J. Ourso College and of business in general.
BRC residents learn together in reserved sections of core freshmen business classes. In addition, West Hall houses group study and meeting rooms where supplemental instruction and tutoring opportunities are available. Academic advisors and instructors hold office hours on-site.
Residents also participate in a GBUS 1000 course which includes visits by business professionals, résumé and interviewing workshops, and social events - designed to introduce them to a business climate and aid in a successful freshman year.
Reasons to consider the BRC:
- Academic benefits including in-community tutoring and faculty office hours
- Create a smaller network within the larger LSU campus
- Connect with faculty members and E. J. Ourso College of Business administrators
- Course scheduling assistance for both the fall and spring semesters with space in certain courses reserved just for BRC students
- Network with industry leaders and business professionals through lectures and workshops designed to expose students to real-life business experiences
- A convenient location near the Pete Maravich Assembly Center, the beach volleyball courts, and The 5 Dining Hall
- Gain skills on topics like résumé writing and business etiquette for post-graduation through seminars offered in the E. J. Ourso College
- Two-student, connecting style suite bathrooms, secure access to the building and floors, and several amenities, including a computer lab, laundry room, and several dedicated study areas throughout the building