E. J. Ourso College of Business Admission Requirements
Students in good standing may apply for admission to the E. J. Ourso College of Business. Students transferring from another institution must also meet university transfer admission requirements. Application forms are available in 2000 Business Education Complex or online. Students who are denied admission may reapply for admission in a subsequent semester.
Students are eligible for admission to the E. J. Ourso College of Business once they have successfully completed the following requirements:
- Complete a minimum of 30 hours of university coursework (to include 12 hours of coursework on the LSU A&M campus of which at least 9 hours must be from the E. J. Ourso College of Business).
- Complete the Pre-Business Core classes (ENGL 1001, MATH 1021 and MATH 1431, ECON 2000, ISDS 1102, and ACCT 2001) with a “C-” or better in each course. Students who place or test out of any of the Pre-Business Core classes will be given credit for successfully completing those classes.
Students majoring in accounting or finance must meet the following GPA requirements at the time of their application for admission into the major:
- A minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
- A minimum 3.0 LSU GPA
- A minimum 2.5 business GPA
- A minimum 2.5 LSU business GPA
Students majoring in economics, entrepreneurship, general business, international trade & finance, information systems and decision sciences, management, or marketing must meet the following GPA requirements at the time of their application for admission into the major:
- A minimum 2.6 cumulative GPA
- A minimum 2.6 cumulative LSU GPA
- A minimum 2.3 business GPA
- A minimum 2.3 LSU business GPA
Students may submit an application for admission to the E. J. Ourso College of Business Office of Business Student Success, BEC Suite 2000, or email it to email@example.com, once classes for the current semester have ended. Applications are reviewed after final grades have posted. Students may submit application forms up until the last day to add courses for the following semester in which they intend to enroll. A student's overall GPA, LSU GPA, business GPA, and LSU business GPA can be found on the degree audit.
The completed application can be:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered to 2000 Business Education Complex between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Faxed to 225-578-5256