Rajesh P. Narayanan
E. Robert Theriot Professor
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and Outreach, Office of the Dean
Professor, Flores MBA Program
Department Chair and Professor, Department of Finance
2900A and 4019 Business Education Complex North
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs and OutreachChair, Department of Finance.
- PhD Finance, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 1996
- Other Mechanical Engineering, Bharatiar University, Coimbatore, India, 1989
- MBA Finance, Southern Illinois University, Carbondale, IL, 1991
- Teaching Interests: Banking, Financial Markets, Financial Institutions
- Research Interests: Banking, Financial Markets, Financial Institutions
Selected Research Publications
- Dombrowski, T., Narayanan, R. P., and Pace, R.. The Rank Size Rule and Opportunities to Diversify Across Commercial Real Estate Assets. Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, , Forthcoming.
- Dombrowski, T., Narayanan, R. P., and Pace, R. (2019). Mortgage Portfolio Diversification in the Presence of Cross-Sectional and Spatial Dependence. Advances in Econometrics, 41.
- Narayanan, R. P. and Uzmanoglu , C. (2018). How do firms respond to empty creditor holdout in Distressed Exchanges?. Journal of Banking and Finance, 94, 251-266.
- Narayanan, R. P. and Uzmanoglu, C. (2018). Credit Default Swaps and Firm Value. Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 53, 1227-1259.
- Narayanan, R. P and Uzmanoglu , C. (2018). Credit Insurance, Distress Resolution Costs, and Bond Spreads. Financial Management, 47, 931-951.
- Le, H. T. T., Vo, L. Van, and Narayanan, R. P. (2016). Has the effect of Asset Securitization on Bank Risk Taking Behavior Changed?. Journal of Financial Services Research, 49(1), 39-64.
- Devos, E., Krishnamurthy, S., and Narayanan, R. P (2016). Efficiency and Market Power Gains in Bank Megamergers: Evidence from Value Line Forecasts. Financial Management.
- Lubben, S. J. and Narayanan, R. P. (2012). CDS and the Resolution of Distress. Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, 24(4), 129-134.
- Carow, K. A., Kane, E. J., and Narayanan, R. P. (2011). Safety-Net Losses From Abandoning Glass-Steagall Restrictions. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking.
- Narayanan, R. P., Rangan, K. P, and Rangan, N. K (2007). The Effect of Private-Debt-Underwriting Reputation on Bank Public-Debt Underwriting. Review of Financial Studies, 20, 597-618.
- Carow, K., Kane, E. J., and Narayanan, R. P. (2006). How Have Borrowers Fared in Banking Mega-Mergers?. Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, 38, 821-836.
- Narayanan, R. P., Rangan, . P, and Rangan, N. K (2004). The Role of Syndicate Structure in Bank Underwriting . Journal of Financial Economics, 72, 555-580.
- Davidoff, S. M. , Makhija, A. K., and Narayanan, R. P. (2011). Fairness Opinions in Mergers and Acquisitions In H. Kent Baker and Halil Kiymaz (Ed.), The Art of Capital Restructuring: Creating Shareholder Value through Mergers and Acquisitions
- McCollum, M., Narayanan, R. P., and Pace, R. (2019). A Revealed Preference Approach to Identifying Strategic Mortgage Default
Professional and Service Activities
- FMA Asia Pacific Conference 2019, Conference-Related (July, 2018)
Employed by LSU since
August 18, 2008