Careers in Finance Series - Spring 2019
Careers in Finance: Commercial Banking
Students majoring in finance were able to explore career opportunities in commercial banking during an engaging panel discussion moderated by Brian Andrews, an instructor in the Department of Finance and track specialist for students interested in commercial banking, on Thursday, February 28, 2019 from 4:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. in BEC 1325. The panel included professionals from major money center banking, community banking, the regulatory field, the Louisiana Bankers Association, and the Risk Management Associates to give students a sense of what it is like to be a commercial banker.
- Jonathan Finley, Chief Examiner - Depository at the Louisiana Office of Financial Institutions
- Chris Harrell, Baton Rouge Market President at Home Bank
- Debbie Nolan, Senior Vice President - Treasury Management at Capital One
- Russell Nolan, Senior Vice President - Government and Institutional Banking at Regions Bank
Careers in Finance: Commercial Real Estate
The Department of Finance hosted another Careers in Finance: Commercial Real Estate Night, March 26, 2019, in the Business Education Complex. The event provided an opportunity for students interested in the commercial real estate field to meet real estate professionals. The session was kicked off by Karl Landreneau with an explanation of the industry expectations of students. Maurice Coleman advised students on careers in pension fund investment. Donna Taylor and Branden Barker discussed careers in real estate. Tommy Kehoe finished the evening with a discussion of commercial real estate finance along with Dean Bryson talking about developing multiple, multi-million-dollar commercial properties in the Baton Rouge area.
- Karl Landreneau, CCIM; Latter & Blum
- Maurice Coleman, CFA; Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Teachers' Retirement System of Louis
- Donna Taylor, Senior Vice President Asset Management/New Business Development; Stirling Properties LLC
- Branden Barker, CPM, CCIM, CSM, President; Barker Property Management & Commercial Real Estate
- Tommy Kehoe Jr, Chief Operating Officer; Eustis Commercial Mortgage
- Dean Bryson, Managing Partner; Bearing Point Properties
- Wesley Moore, MAI, CCIM; Cook, Moore, and Associates