Executive Development Program
The transition from management to enterprise-level executive is more than just a promotion. It requires development across all aspects of leadership, ranging from communication and networking to relatability and organizational engagement. Today’s executives are required to develop and communicate their organization’s strategy and principles, balance competing priorities, and make tough decisions, all while developing future talent. This non-consecutive comprehensive, five-day program combines executive coaching, self-assessment, experiential learning, and much more to prepare leaders to meet their organization’s needs of today, while still focusing on developing solutions to the challenges of tomorrow.
This educational experience is completed in less than four months.
Main Objectives Include:
- to prepare individuals to assume broader, general leadership responsibilities
- to stimulate an awareness of the environment in which his or her organization operates and the factors that determine its success or failure
- to present a framework of practical concepts and philosophies that can be immediately applied in the workplace
- to increase a participant's productivity and to advance his or her long-term growth potential
- to provide an educational meeting ground in which leaders study and discuss common problems and exchange ideas
- to improve the ability to communicate, negotiate, and influence
- to infuse a high level of confidence and competence in participants
- to form lasting friendships and networks, thereby widening their circle of business contacts
- to assist participants with creating an individual development plan
Coaching Sessions and the Creation of Individual Development Plans
Each participant will undergo a comprehensive feedback process that will give them insight into their work performance on the job. They will also have access to several coaching sessions with an experienced business coach that will assist them with developing an individual development plan (IDP). This IDP can then be used by your organization to encourage further professional development and to enhance overall performance improvement.
"The LSU Executive Development Program experience has been the highlight of my career. The opportunity to be surrounded by such a talented group of professionals was a privilege. I feel I now have the basic tools needed for growth in my company. I developed personal relationships with professors, presenters, and classmates that will continue throughout my career. It was evident that the Executive Development Director and staff are truly concerned with my personal growth, as well as, my company's growth. Many thanks to all for putting the needed time and effort into this program to make it a success."