Breakfast to Business
Breakfast to Business is a program presented by LSU Executive Education. The aim of the program is to provide timely, practical information, and solutions regarding current business topics that affect the Baton Rouge community from a local, regional, and national perspective.
Reigning in Employer Healthcare Costs
When: Tuesday, April 23, 2019 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 a.m. (Central Time)
Location: Classroom 1420 of LSU’s Business Education Complex
Breakfast included with $25.00 registration
Register online by April 16, 2019.
The cost for employers to provide healthcare coverage to their employees
is growing at an exponential rate. Many employers are spending more on
health care costs than they are on reinvesting money back into their company.
It is reported that Starbucks spends more on healthcare than coffee beans
and GM spends more on healthcare than steel. Fending off these accelerating
healthcare costs is becoming a business survival necessity for those who
truly pay for it- the employers. Using a new view of "health instead of
healthcare" and without the typical costly "wellness" programs, employers
can take control of these escalating costs all while doing more to encourage
improvement in the health and well-being of their employees.
Join Steve Levin, PT, OCS, FAAOMPT as he presents innovative steps to switch focus from insurance industry focused healthcare to the broader role of employee health in an effort to save money.
Steve received his physical therapy degree from the University of Alberta in Edmonton and a master's degree in rehabilitation science from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver. He continued with post graduate training becoming a Board Certified Orthopaedic Specialist through the American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties. Steve later completed certification through the Manual Therapy Institute. He gained fellow status in 2013 and is one of 11 fellowship trained physical therapists in the state of Louisiana. Steve has a diverse background in both educational and professional settings, focused on orthopedic treatment and manual therapy. He was a teaching assistant in the Physiotherapy Program in Vancouver, Canada and clinical instructor for LSU physical therapy students. He has published research in professional journals and has served as a reviewer for The Journal of Manual and Manipulative Therapy and Manual Therapy. He is co-owner of Delta Physical Therapy.
- Taking Control of Your Retirement Portfolio: What You Might Be Doing (or Not) that's Costing You and Your Employees Money
- Networking panel, Making the Most of Business Networking in Baton Rouge
- Ed Leachman, Disaster-Proof Your Business with a Continuity Plan
- Michelle Boullion, Building Self-Awareness with the DISC Behaviors Assessment
- Entrepreneurship panel, Baton Rouge Entrepreneurship Week
- Lisa Traina, Cyber Security: Minimizing your Risk
- Heather Esposito, Are you LinkedIn?
- John Georges, Tales From a Serial Entrepreneur
- F. King Alexander, Looking Beyond My First 30 Days at LSU
- Aaron Dirks, Train to be a World Class Entrepreneur
- Karleen Green, The Affordable Healthcare Act
- Brian Andrews, Real Estate Trends
- Pete Bush, Financial Investing