Faik A. Koray
Bell South Business Partnership Professor
Department Chair and Professor, Department of Economics
Professor, Flores MBA Program
2300C Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
- PhD Economics, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, 1984
- BA Economics, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1972
- MS Business Administration, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 1974
- Teaching Interests: Macroeconomics, International Finance
- Research Interests: International Finance, Monetary and Fiscal Policy
Selected Research Publications
- Koray, F., Arin, K., and Spagnolo, N. (2015). Fiscal Multipliers in Good Times and Bad Times. Journal of Macroeconomics, 44, 303-311.
- Koray, F., Arin, P., Berlemann, M., and Kuhlenkasper, T. (2013). Non-Linear Growth Effects of Taxation: A Semi-Parametric Approach Using Average Marginal Tax Rates. Journal of Applied Econometrics, 28(5), 883-899.
- Koray, F. and McMillin, W. Douglas (1999). Monetary Shocks, the Exchange Rate, and the Trade Balance. Journal of International Money and Finance, , 925-940.
- Koray, F. (1993). Inflation Variability and the Turkish Economy. Applied Economics, , 787-793.
- Koray, F. and Lastrapes, W. D (1990). International Transmission of Aggregate Shocks under Fixed and Flexible Exchange Rate Regimes: A VAR Analysis. Journal of International Money and Finance, , 402-423.
- Koray, F. and Lastrapes, W. D (1989). Real Exchange Rate Volatility and Bilateral Trade under Alternative Exchange Rate Regimes: A VAR Analysis. Review of Economics and Statistics, , 708-712.
- Koray, F. (1989). Money and Functional Distribution of Income. Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, , 33-48.
- Koray, F. and Chan, P. (1988). Fiscal Policy and Stabilization of Exchange Rates under Alternative Criteria. Canadian Journal of Economics, , 97-114.
- Koray, F. (1987). Government Debt, Economic Activity and Transmission of Economic Disturbances. Journal of Money, Credit, and Banking, , 361-375.
- Koray, F. and McMillin, W. Douglas (2018, May). Fiscal Policy, the Current Account, and the Exchange Rate. Presented at 36th International Conference of Business Economics, Management, Information Technology and Social Science sponsored by , Istanbul.
Professional and Service Activities
- Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, Advisor, (January 2, 1989 - August 1, 1989)
Employed by LSU since
August 22, 1984