Christopher K Coombs
Instructor and Undergraduate Energy Coordinator and Advisor, Energy Program
Instructor and Undergraduate Energy Coordinator and Advisor, Department of Economics
2309 Business Education Complex South
501 South Quad Drive
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Office Hours: T & TH - 2:30 - 4:00. Also by appointment
Professor Coombs teaches Principles of Micro- and Macroeconomics. He also serves as coordinator of the Energy Program in the E.J. Ourso College of Business.
- PhD Economics, LSU, 2005
- MS Economics, LSU, 2002
- ECON 2010 - Principles of Macroeconomics: Study of economy-wide phenomena, including inflation, unemployment, the monetary system, economic growth, international trade and finance.
- ECON 4720 - Intermediate Microeconomic Theory: Price determination, resource allocation and pricing in a market economy.
- Teaching Interests: Microeconomics
- Research Interests: Labor, Health, & Energy
Selected Research Publications
- Coombs, C., Newman, R. J., Cebula, R. J, and White, M. L (2015). The Bargaining Power of Health Care Unions and Union Wage Premiums for Registered Nurses. Journal of Labor Research, 36(4), 442-61.
- Coombs, C. K and Cebula, R. J (2011). The Impact of Union Corruption on Union Membership. Industrial Relations, 50(1), 131-48.
Employed by LSU since
August 14, 2000