Caring for Your Tiger Card
A few precautions will keep your Tiger Card in prime condition:
- Do not give your card to anyone.
- If your card is lost or stolen, a call to the Tiger Card Office will immediately stop access to your account until you find or replace your card, or you can go to your online account to report a lost or stolen card.
- Do not expose it to direct sunlight or heat.
- Make sure the card does not come in contact with magnetic fields or other cards containing magnetic strips.
- Do not run your card through the washing machine/dryer
If your Tiger Card is lost, stolen or damaged, there is a $20 replacement fee that can be paid by cash, check or TigerCASH. All checks should be made out to Tiger Card Office. The Tiger Card Office does not accept debit cards or credit cards.
To obtain a new ID please have your driver’s license, state ID, military ID or passport for identification purposes. You MUST have a government issued photo ID to obtain a replacement Tiger Card.
Replacement Tiger Cards are issued at the LSU Student Union Room 109.
You WILL NOT be charged a replacement fee for damaged cards if…
- You have a name or status change. For a name change, you must bring in paperwork from the Registrar’s Office stating the change.
If your current Tiger Card is not working, you may present the card to the Tiger Card Office to determine if you are eligible for a free replacement. Only cards with no physical damage will be replaced for free.
You WILL be charged a replacement fee for lost card if…
- Your Tiger Card has been misused (torn, chewed by pet).
- Your Tiger Card is bent.
- Your Tiger Card is broken or split.
- A hole was punched or stickers are on your Tiger Card.
- Your Tiger Card is warped from heat (dashboard, clothes dryer).
To ensure the security of your Tiger Card, we allow each card-holder to have only one Tiger Card in their possession at any time.
TigerCASH is not cash refundable when Tiger Cards are lost, stolen, or damaged.
If you have questions about the Tiger Card, please contact the Tiger Card Office at 225.578-4300, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.