Outbound Mailing Standards
- Outbound mail to be metered with postage must have a Postage Charge Form attached
- Domestic and International Postage Charge Forms
- Click link for example on “How to Complete the Domestic Mail Postage Charge“
- Form must contain typed Workday Driving Worktag and Barcode.
- View and complete form using Adobe Acrobat.
- Form Fields and barcode creation do not work when using Chrome
- No spaces or dashes should be used when entering the worktag
- Include all preceding and trailing zeroes in the worktag
- Other form fields may be completed by hand
- Outbound mail to be metered must have a LSU return address
- Separate outbound mail into 4 categories
- Domestic Departmental Mail to be metered
- International Departmental Mail to be metered
- Mail with Postage Stamps applied
- Campus Mail
- Overstuffed envelopes should be sealed closed with tape
- Contact our mail vendor, The UPS Store, at 578-6756 or firstname.lastname@example.org for USPS forms, Campus Mail envelopes, bins and trays
- Glossy paper stock is not recommended for machine metered mail pieces. Contact our mail vendor, The UPS Store at 578-6756 or email@example.com to inquire if the paper stock being used can be machine metered
The nonmachinable surcharge is added to First-Class Mail® with any of the following criteria:
- For pieces more than 4-1/4 inches high or 6 inches long, the thickness is less than 0.009 inch
- The length divided by height is less than 1.3 or more than 2.5 (length is the dimension parallel to the address)
- It is poly-bagged, poly-wrapped, enclosed in any plastic material, or has an exterior surface made of a material that is not paper
- It has clasps, strings, buttons, or similar closure devices
- It is too rigid or contains items such as pens, keys or coins that cause the thickness of the mailpiece to be uneven
- It has a delivery address parallel to the shorter dimension of the mailpiece
As of January 28, 2019, we are unable to process unsealed mail with the flaps up. Please make sure the flap is down on all envelopes.
If you need these forms or information in an alternate format, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.