Submitted April 30, 2018
Practice Name: Dakin Humane Society
City/State: Springfield, Massachusetts
Contact Person: Brenda Forsell
Job Description: Do you have a passion for animals and the people that love them? Are you the type of person who needs to be on the move at all times? Do you dream about becoming part of a team that makes a difference in the lives of shelter animals and those living in the community? If this sounds like you then Dakin Humane Society wants to know! We are a fast-paced, open admission adoption center that takes in 6,000 animals each year. We are looking for the perfect person to join our team!
Dakin is looking for a veterinarian to complete our team of two veterinarians dedicated to the Adoption Center and soon to be developed Community Medicine program. This position will be responsible for the medical care of adoption center animals, our weekly vaccine clinic, community medicine program as well as performing spay/neuter, other surgeries and dentistry. This position will also be responsible for working with our Veterinary & Animal Care Manager on oversight of the organization's medical program, daily oversight of shelter medical components, working to ensure compliance with Dakin guidelines for care, create new policies and standards of care, as well as collaborating with the other veterinarians on staff.
Submitted November 7, 2017
Practice Name: MASH - Main St. Animal Services of Hopkinton
City/State: Hopkinton, MA
Contact Person: Colleen Shannon
Job Description: MASH Main Street Animal Services of Hopkinton is an internationally recognized leader in integrative veterinary medicine. We offer conventional veterinary medicine and alternative therapies in a balanced whole health approach to your pet’s healthcare. Our goal is to support the pet’s vital energy for good health and self-healing.
The ideal candidate will be interested in both clinical and research aspects of medicine, is open minded, excited to continue learning, is friendly, a team player, outgoing and skilled in communicating ideas to clients and staff. Commitment to client service and strong interpersonal skills are a must as well as a dedication to maintaining a positive work environment. You will work closely with Dr. Margo Roman, who is an internationally renowned veterinarian in the field of alternative veterinary medicine.
· Provide the highest quality of care to our clients by phone, email and in person
· Perform general procedures, surgery, dentistry, provide treatment plan, and dose supplements and prescriptions
· Stay current on new medical information and changes in veterinary medicine
· Educate clients on different modalities offered at MASH
· Doctor of Veterinary Medicine and a willingness to obtain Massachusetts license
· Passion for integrative medicine
· Experience with conventional medicine, surgery, and dentistry a plus
· Ability to communicate well with animal owners, staff members, and colleagues
· Positive, can-do attitude
· Detail oriented
· Health Benefits, 90 days after reaching 30hrs or more per week
· Continuing Education
· Work with creative and compassionate people on a daily basis
Send cover letter and resume to Colleen Shannon at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you’d like to learn more about us, check us out at www.mashvet.com or https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHI-id_e1cMebe3LZ9xWEZQ