LSU Higher Ed GA Interview Day
The Division of Student Affairs and the Higher Education Administration (HEA) program are excited to announce the availability of Graduate Assistantship opportunities for the 2018-19 academic year. Positions are offered by Campus Life, Olinde Career Center, Orientation, Residential Life, and the Student Affairs central office.
Please review the list of instructions below, as well as current openings with detailed information regarding each position. To apply, you must:
- be an enrolled LSU HEA graduate student;
- be an admitted LSU HEA graduate student; or
- have completed the LSU graduate admission application for the higher education administration program.
In addition, you must follow the detailed instructions below:
- Complete the Graduate Assistant Interview Day Participation Application
- Submit a general cover letter and professional resume to email@example.com
- Include details regarding your work and leadership experiences and how each could benefit various campus units and graduate assistantship positions
Current LSU graduate students will serve as hosts for a limited number of students during the interview days. To sign up for those accommodations, please complete the Graduate Assistant Interview Day Participation Application. Information on local hotels can be accessed at Visit Baton Rouge.
We look forward to meeting you!
March 8-9, 2018
Thursday, March 8
2:30 p.m. -- Welcome (Peabody Hall 225)
Words from faculty and SOE/CHSE administrators
Welcome from Kurt Keppler and overview of process from Emily Hester
Final 30 minutes will be student panel
“What to expect in BR and at LSU”
4 p.m. -- Tour of Tiger Stadium (optional)
5 p m. -- Tour of Campus (optional)
6 p.m. -- Dinner
Evening -- HESPA Social Event (optional)
Friday, March 9
- 8:30 a.m. -- Continental Breakfast (provided by Division of Student Affairs)
- 9 - 11:30 a.m. -- Candidate Interviews
- 11:30 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. -- Lunch at The 459
- 1:30 - 4 p.m. -- Interviews
- Evening -- HESPA Social Event (optional)
NOTE: Candidates may leave the GA Interview Program after completing their last interviews of the day. However, participation in a check-out process is required.
Check out the campus map for assistance in locating buildings and parking.
LSU is an Equal Opportunity/ Equal Access Employer