Request a Presentation
CAS offers 20-60 minute classroom presentations containing proven strategies to improve student learning and performance in college courses. In order to achieve the best results we ask that the faculty of the course:
- Be in attendance when the workshop is presented to their class.
- Take attendance of students who attend the CAS presentation that day.
- Provide a class roster of all students enrolled in the course.
- Provide us with a grade roster including test scores once final grades are tabulated – (Only If you would like to see if the workshop had any effect on the students attending)
Fill out the request form for a classroom presentation. All requests should be submitted two full weeks before the desired program date.
Group Presentations for Student Organizations
Group presentations for student organizations on campus need to be for a group of 10 or more and at least 30 minutes in length. Groups can suggest a specific topic or choose from the following:
- Time Management
- Test Preparation
- Learning Strategies
- Learning Preferences
- Test Anxiety
- Academic Stress Management
Fill out the request form for a student organization group presentation. All requests should be submitted two full weeks before the desired program date.
Professional Development for Faculty and Staff
Presentations are available for professonal development for faculty and staff on how to improve student learning.
- Teaching Students How to Think Critically
- Strategies for Improving Student Attendance
- Incorporating Metacognition Into Teaching and Learning
- Implementing Collaborative Learning in the Classroom
- Strategies for Engaging Students in Large Classrooms
- Encouraging Students to Use Study Groups
Fill out the request form for a professional development presentation. All requests should be submitted two full weeks before the desired program date.