To assist faculty and staff in pursuing external funding, OSP is pleased to offer the following sample information as reference for the completion of certain proposal elements. Because each funding opportunity announcement has specific requirements and agency instructions often change, users should always check the specific instructions provided by the agency in the current solicitation, RFP, RFA, program announcement and/or grant proposal guide for any unique requirements or changes in format and always follow the current instructions provided by the agency.
- National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- All federal grants are available at Grants.gov
LSU Generic Information
- LSU Generic Budget
- LSU Generic Budget Justification
- LSU Financial Statement
- LSU's History
- LSU Boilerplate
- LSU Mission Statement
- LSU Strategic Plan
- LSU’s Land-Grant Status
- University Fact Book - Each Fall the Office of Budget and Planning produces a report summarizing various statistics about LSU. This is known as the Fall Facts report, available here.
- Vice President for Research Statement - Information can be found here.
- Undergraduate Research at LSU - The LSU Discover Office provides a supportive environment where all undergraduate students can engage in mentored scholarship, original research, or create endeavors, available here.
- Diversity Statement of LSU - Information can be found here.
- High Performance Computing at LSU - Information can be found here.
- Shared Instrument Facility at LSU - SIF provides easy access to state-of-the-art equipment, and expert support services and training to academic and industrial research communities. Information can be found here.
- Facilities Equipment and Other Resources at LSU - Information on major research centers, institutes, core facilities, equipment and other resources available at LSU is located here.
- Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Scholar Mentoring at LSU - Information provided herein can be used to prepare Individual Mentoring or Individual Development plan as required by funding agencies. Information on graduate students is located here and postdoctoral scholars is located here.
National Institutes of Health
- Standard Proposal Outline
- Biographical Sketch with Instructions
- Biographical Sketch Sample
- Biographical Sketch Blank Template
- NIH Modular Budget Worksheet (for internal use)
- Modular Personnel Justification Sample
- Modular Consortium Budget Justification Sample
- Standard Form SF 424 R&R Detailed Budget
- Detailed Budget Justification Sample
- NIH Individual Development Plan (IDP) for Graduate Students
- NIH Individual Development Plan (IDP) for Postdoctoral Scholars
- Project Narrative
- Project Summary/Abstract
- Research Strategy
National Science Foundation
- Standard Proposal Outline
- Biographical Sketch Instructions
- Biographical Sketch Template
- NSF Budget Template (for internal use)
- Budget Justification Sample
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations Information and FAQs
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations Instructions and Template
- Current and Pending Support Instructions
- Current and Pending Support Template
- Data Management Plan
- Mentoring Plan Instructions
- Facilities and Other Resources