Placement/Credit Exam Registration
The Office of Institutional Effectiveness administers placement/credit exams on a daily basis starting the day after new student orientation. For the Summer semester, the placement/credit exams are administered until the last day to add classes. For the Fall and Spring semesters, exams are administered throughout the semester on days the computer-based testing lab is open, with the following exceptions: midterm exam week, final exam week, and any other dates blocked out due to special testing.
|Chemistry||60 minutes||non-graphing, non-alpha|
Incoming freshmen who attended an orientation but were unable to take a specific placement test can take it with no additional fee or paperwork by the last day to add classes of their first semester. If they would like to take a placement test after that date, new students must follow the process for continuing and transfer students.
Continuing and Transfer Students (Total Cost $40)
Continuing and Transfer Students must complete the following steps to register for a placement/credit exam(s):
- Contact your college for a "Request to Take Advanced Standing/Proficiency/Credit Exam" form. Approval from both your college and the department offering the course is required.
- Report to the Office of the University Registrar in Room 112 Thomas Boyd Hall to be assessed a $20.00 fee.
- Report to the Office of Bursar Operations in Room 125 Thomas Boyd Hall to pay the fee.
- Return to the Office of the University Registrar in Room 112 Thomas Boyd Hall with your payment receipt in order to obtain a form required for registration.
- Report to the Office of Assessment & Evaluation in Himes 51 with the required form issued by the University Registrar. An additional $20 fee will be assessed and an admission ticket will be issued, which must be used for entry into the exam.