LSU Awards Tom W. Dutton Scholarship to 10 Students
Award presented to female students for outstanding service to the community
BATON ROUGE – LSU Campus Life, a department within the Office of the Dean of Students, has awarded the 2017 Tom W. Dutton Scholarship Award for participation and leadership in campus and community service to ten female students who were nominated and who applied for consideration.
The 2017 Tom W. Dutton Scholarship Award recipients include:
- Christina Bastien, a public administration graduate student from Port-au-Prince, Haiti
- Savanah Dickinson, a political communication and international studies senior from Dallas, Texas
- Bonnie Gibbons, a kinesiology senior from Metairie, La.
- Casey Landreneau, a kinesiology senior from Clinton, La.
- Madeline LeBlanc, a coastal environmental science senior from Lafayette, La.
- Megan Manno, an accounting senior from Houma, La.
- Alix Perry, an accounting senior from Carencro, La.\
- Hailey Simpson, a biological sciences senior from Goshen, Ky.
- Sidney Thomas, a psychology junior from Natchitoches, La.
- Jordyn Warren, a mass communication graduate student from Baton Rouge, La.
The award is presented annually to female undergraduate or graduate student(s) for outstanding service to the university community through participation and leadership in community service activities while attending LSU. Additional criteria include full-time status, a 3.0 cumulative GPA, and good academic and disciplinary standing with the university. No student may receive the award more than once while enrolled at LSU.
Award winners will be recognized at the Love Purple, Live Gold Awards on April 17. The award also carries a $250 or $500 stipend.
The award was established through a bequest that was left to LSU in 1969 by the late Tom W. Dutton. Dutton was a member of the LSU Board of Supervisors from 1940-1967. He also served as the vice chair and the chairman of the board from 1940-1944 and 1950-1952 respectively.
Contact Alison Paz
LSU Campus Life
LSU Media Relations