You are fascinated by all aspects of the human mind and want to know more.
This major emphasizes a hands-on approach to understanding human behavior and offers exceptional preparation for graduate study in psychology or medical school. You can develop the skills you need in areas such as biological, clinical, cognitive, and school psychology. The department also has an extremely active honors program through which you can work with faculty mentors on meaningful research.
- Clinical psychologist
- Crisis worker
- Mental health advocate
- School psychologist
- Testing and assessment analyst
Once you're an LSU student, you'll need to meet the requirements below to continue pursuing this major.
- 2.0 GPA in all coursework (2.5 GPA for transfer)
- grade of “C” or better in ENGL 1001
- 3 hours completed in a general education analytical reasoning course
- 2.5 GPA required for Psychology, Communication Disorders, Secondary Education: English, Secondary Education: History, Secondary Education: French, and Secondary Education: Spanish majors
B.S., Bachelor of Science
Course Load by Subject Area
- Social Studies: ⚫︎⚫︎⚫︎
- Foreign Language: ⚫︎⚫︎⚪︎
- Electives: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- History & Law: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Math: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- Science: ⚫︎⚪︎⚪︎
- View all course loads